+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH-CityLink I HATE you! in General; I would never knowingly use this bunch of cowboys but unfortunately I ordered something off Amazon and they use this ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts

Angry ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH-CityLink I HATE you!

I would never knowingly use this bunch of cowboys but unfortunately I ordered something off Amazon and they use this delightful company...
    So, I thought I would check where my hedgetrimmers were to be told that they were delivered on Thursday last. Funnily enough, no, they weren't..
    This morning I rang to be told that they were signed for by someone called Craig. There is no 'Craig' in my house - we were all out celebrating my daughter's A level results and no notification was left. We have no neighbours called Craig either, anywhere in the street.
    Some hours later I got a phone call to my home phone, having asked them to ring my mobile and my son is told that the driver doesnt have any recollection of our street and anyway he has now left the company so it is up to ME to contact Amazon and report the item lost.
    Words fail me - why is it MY job when the contract is clearly between Amazon and Citylink? The person on the phone was really offhand and unhelpful, too.
    I have since spoken to someone else (after being told that ALL the managers and indeed practically everyone in Citylink were in a meeting) and she has said that she will contact Amazon and get them to issue a replacement. That was some hours ago though.
    How does a company with that sort of attitude survive?

Thank Post
    offer extremely low pricing to amazon

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I too have found City Link to be, repeatedly, shockingly poor for work and home deliveries.
    Couple of times I have had to go to the local depot to pick up missed deliveries and the staff attitude is disgraceful.
    I cringe when I see its City Link doing the delivery :S

Thank Post
    Sorry everyone, but it really depends on the individuals, I have nothing but praise for our local city link depot

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The muppet delivery company in our area is the Home Delivery Network - most of the drivers seem to be dead from the neck up. Leaving parcels in the recycling bin on collection day isn't very bright is it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,077 Posts

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_L View Post
    Sorry everyone, but it really depends on the individuals, I have nothing but praise for our local city link depot
    Yes, I take your point, but this was the NATIONAL phone number (Milton Keynes, I think) so many people will encounter this sort of thing on their first call.

Thank Post
    Ive also had a similar experience with CityLink as they once emailed me stating they attempted delivery at 9:05 AM on the day I requested delivery. I was at home at 9:05 on that day and didn't see one of their trucks even come down the street. When I phoned up asking what was going on, the guy on the phone told me the item had yet to be dispatched! And it was just sitting in their depot...Well of course then they got a few words they deserved...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    The muppet delivery company in our area is the Home Delivery Network - most of the drivers seem to be dead from the neck up. Leaving parcels in the recycling bin on collection day isn't very bright is it?
    Oh yes, I've had dealings with them - I've had stuff sent to my home in error by them countless times - I call them to arrange the pickup as the correct address is around 5 miles away and they never pick it up so I just send the item back to with no stamp on via Parcel Farce with a note on saying I called the company but they won't pick it up. I think in order to be able to work for 'The Home Delivery Network' reading and writing is a disadvantage......[ I'd do well then..... ]

Thank Post
    I'd agree it's largely down to the individual drivers, it only takes on link in the chain to fail...

@ Witch, you probably know but the local C/l depot for Poole is off the back end of Ringwood road, I might even have an old phone number for them if you think it will help.

Regarding a few mentions of the carrier delivering to the wrong address, in most cases (In my experience) the carrier is given the dispatch details by the vendor. Most parcels are labelled and handed to a driver so if they had the wrong address, it's usually been the dispatcher that's made the error.

Not that i'm a city-link fan. Being around a telesales environment for the past (too many) years, I've used City-link, Target (before the merger), DHL, DPD and more recently Fed-Ex. Generally a switch from one has cured one problem only to find a new one with the new firm. That said, currently Fed-Ex are proving to be exceptionally reliable and very very good at organising soultions to any problems that have occasionally occured. I'm particulrly surprised since they use a network of "subbies" or contractors. I anticiapted this would be a nightmare but actually it's been quite the opposite. How refreshing It's a shame you can't select your preferred carrier when you order something on line. If they could adpot the DPD txt messaging 1hr delivery window scheme I'd say they would be close to perfect. That said, I bet someone has a horror story about them.

@witch, I have a pair of manual hedge shears you can borrow for a bit if you need them. Cracking workout for the arms and shoulders

D

Thank Post
    Gee, thanks,laptopsandspares but I already have shears - I have spent a week every summer trimming my 150ft hedges (and it is next door's flaming leylandii) which is why I wanted ELECTRIC ONES!!!

Rang again this morning - they didnt ring me of course - and it seems Amazon are resending this Thursday - which may or may not be via Citylink.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread