+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Barca vs R Madrid in General; Don't suppose there's anyone else watching this is there??? Worth watching! Very good start and will only get better! I'm ...

Thank Post

Barca vs R Madrid

Don't suppose there's anyone else watching this is there??? Worth watching!

Very good start and will only get better! I'm not a fan of foreign footy but this is different!

Thank Post
    Absolutely can't stand foreign football, and only watch champions league/euro if it has an english team playing. I think it was maybe the 90's sides in Italy that put me off all those years ago, but it has certainly put me off for life.

Don't watch anything outside of England really, and even turned the tele off every time Swansea had the ball on Monday night (just kidding obviously, but you get how much I detest foreign football)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Absolutely can't stand foreign football, and only watch champions league/euro if it has an english team playing. I think it was maybe the 90's sides in Italy that put me off all those years ago, but it has certainly put me off for life.

Don't watch anything outside of England really, and even turned the tele off every time Swansea had the ball on Monday night (just kidding obviously, but you get how much I detest foreign football)
    Oh...so you didn't turn it off that often then!!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Oh...so you didn't turn it off that often then!!!!
    Swansea didn't do too bad in the first half against a side worth close to £200m

Thank Post
    Watched most of it. Bit tasty considering it's basically their Community Shield.

Fabregas has been there three days and has already matched the trophy haul he had at ours in six years.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWPS View Post
    Watched most of it. Bit tasty considering it's basically their Community Shield.

Fabregas has been there three days and has already matched the trophy haul he had at ours in six years.
    But see thats ridiculous, as the BBC were going along those lines too. You could have brought me on in the final few minutes and then I could say I've won more there. He joined a team that was already in a final, and have almost always looked the stronger team.

If we (Arsenal) bought a player a few days before the FA cup final (yes I know, theoretical!) and then brought them on with 5 mins to go, it's not like they helped that team to get to the final, and then play the majority of it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    But see thats ridiculous, as the BBC were going along those lines too. You could have brought me on in the final few minutes and then I could say I've won more there. He joined a team that was already in a final, and have almost always looked the stronger team.

If we (Arsenal) bought a player a few days before the FA cup final (yes I know, theoretical!) and then brought them on with 5 mins to go, it's not like they helped that team to get to the final, and then play the majority of it.
    Well said, that man!

Heartily agree....seems everyone on twitter is using the same joke about Cesc.

As for the Swansea result.....as a QPR fan, I'm in no position to laugh at them....except that the 4th goal lifted us off the bottom! Thank you, Sergio Kun Aguerro!!

Thank Post
    Oh I agree, and I do doubt whether some players are actually achieving more if they move to clubs and play substantially less football, albeit in winning teams. I look at Michael Owen last season for example, with his Premiership medal, I wonder how he feels about it?

But anyway, I'm more interested to see which 16-year-olds we'll spend the Fabregas/Nasri money on.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    As for the Swansea result.....as a QPR fan, I'm in no position to laugh at them....except that the 4th goal lifted us off the bottom! Thank you, Sergio Kun Aguerro!!
    That man is amazing. I bet he's going to score a lot more too.

Anyone see Mourinho's eye gouge last night??? I couldn't believe it. I can see a hefty ban coming his way!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Millgate View Post
    Anyone see Mourinho's eye gouge last night??? I couldn't believe it. I can see a hefty ban coming his way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourinho from the BBC article
    I have been polite and played like a man and not fallen to the ground at the first touch. I don't know who Vilanova is.
    So he uses his trump card of "i didn't fall to the ground at the first touch" yet picked Ronaldo to play.
    Dear Mr Mourinho, I'd like to point out the word irony!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread