+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, DVD Piracy Ad in General; You wouldn't steal a TV - evidently lots of people would...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

DVD Piracy Ad

You wouldn't steal a TV - evidently lots of people would

2. 4 Thanks to MK-2:

CAM (12th August 2011), dhicks (12th August 2011), Gatt (14th August 2011), korifugi (12th August 2011)

Thank Post
    It'll be interesting to see how much of the goods can be recovered - surely even the worst parents would consider tv's looted in the recent riots to be too hot to handle and most will notice when little johnny's tv is suddenly bigger than the one in the lounge

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to see the end of DVD ads...I struggle with the concept of having endless anti-piracy messages/adverts that can't be skipped.

Last time I was at the cinema (Inception) I was greeted with Jaime Winston (exactly..who?) on screen warning about piracy.

Correct me for being reactionary here but surely the people that need instructing/lecturing/warning about piracy aren't the people buying legitimate DVD/Cinema tickets!

If I'm being really reactionary I'd even claim that such measures tip my favour the other way...after all you don't have to wade through this muck with copied material.

Not endorsing Knock-off Nigelism, but food for thought for those at BBFC...like they're actually reading this!

The fully legitimate and always genuine media purchasing Wolfman

5. Thanks to CPLTD from:

sted (12th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    I'd love to see the end of DVD ads...I struggle with the concept of having endless anti-piracy messages/adverts that can't be skipped.

Last time I was at the cinema (Inception) I was greeted with Jaime Winston (exactly..who?) on screen warning about piracy.

Correct me for being reactionary here but surely the people that need instructing/lecturing/warning about piracy aren't the people buying legitimate DVD/Cinema tickets!
    exactly the point, this is still true now. buy a dvd and you get treated to five mins of "DONT BE A PIRATE".....erm im not, i just paid a tenner for this dvd!

7. 3 Thanks to MK-2:

Gatt (14th August 2011), mac_shinobi (12th August 2011), nephilim (12th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    the best advert I've witnessed at the cinema (avatar,inception) is a trailer for the film you've just spent nigh on 10 to watch...before you watch it.

I want a job at the BBFC, watching flicks, passing censorship judgements...and gnawing on popcorn.

Farewell IT!

Mary Wolfhouse

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I went to see Super 8 last weekend (personally I wouldnt bother if I was you) and I had to endure Take That singing one of there pieces of pap saying it was inspired by the film Three Musketeers if a film can inspire that junk then I wont be watching it....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I went to see Super 8 last weekend (personally I wouldnt bother if I was you)
    I know what you mean, it's like Lost in film format. Unanswered questions and a monster you won't see (or be disappointed when you do actually see it)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    exactly the point, this is still true now. buy a dvd and you get treated to five mins of "DONT BE A PIRATE".....erm im not, i just paid a tenner for this dvd!
    I have a friend (yes really, no it isn't me) that goes and buys a DVD/blu ray, sticks it on the shelf/in a box out the way and then downloads a quality rip from the net. This then gets burnt to disc or stored on a media server. Easiest way to get the best viewing experience and he feels he is legal. He understands that in theory he isn't but he is very strict about only downloading what he has bought.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post

http://cdn.thenextweb.com/shareables.../piratedvd.jpg
    it really is silly ive got to the point where i put a disk in then go make some food and come back that way i dont have to put up with the rubbish. I can see why people do download film rips just so you dont have to sit through that ****.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    it really is silly ive got to the point where i put a disk in then go make some food and come back that way i dont have to put up with the rubbish. I can see why people do download film rips just so you dont have to sit through that ****.
    What gets me you have to pay for the pleasure.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I have a friend (yes really, no it isn't me) that goes and buys a DVD/blu ray, sticks it on the shelf/in a box out the way and then downloads a quality rip from the net. This then gets burnt to disc or stored on a media server. Easiest way to get the best viewing experience and he feels he is legal. He understands that in theory he isn't but he is very strict about only downloading what he has bought.
    I'd do it the other way around and wait until I've seen the movie and only pay for it if I believe it is worth it. The amount of pap I've watched in the least few years is unbelievable, and at 20 a pop for a DVD...

Thank Post
    To be fair not many DVDs are 20 a pop... I've seen a few new releases go out at around 12-15. Blurays however go out at about 20!

If you wait a short time they come down in price a lot. I also look on Play.com for DVD / Blu-Ray bargins!!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can't see the point of Blu-Ray tbh. Even on my large telly I was still happy with standard def. That thing was a waste of time, I bought it when I played my 360 more, I am back on PC again and the 360 and telly collect dust.

Thank Post
    Even the IT crowd version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg) looks a bit tame now...
    Last edited by Chris_Cook; 12th August 2011 at 11:22 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast