+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Aaarrggghhh - Amazon.co.uk in General; A month or so ago I sold something on Amazon (which I have done loads of times) and thought that ...
    Thank Post

Aaarrggghhh - Amazon.co.uk

A month or so ago I sold something on Amazon (which I have done loads of times) and thought that everything was fine until about a week after the item was dispatched. Basically I received an 'AtoZ' dispute thing that Amazon use saying that the 'Buyer' has received the item but it was not as described! Basically I thought the item was white in colour and so did my missus but when the bloke received it he claimed it was 'Grey'! That's complete bo11ox!

I couldn't be bothered arguing the toss with this pillock so I responded to the 'AtoZ' thingy with two options:

a) I would offer a small bit off cashback if he would like to keep the item

or

b) He should return the item unused and in the original packaging and on receipt I will issue a full refund.

So after sending this message I received a reply from the 'AtoZ' people saying that they are siding with the 'Buyer' and have issued him with a refund and that my 'Seller Account' is now in arrears!

I then asked about getting my item back and Amazon turn around and tell me that I have to liaised directly with the 'Buyer' to negotiate the return as this isn't the responsibility of Amazon.

So I send the fella a message on 20 July just before I went on holiday, no response. I sent further messages on August 7, 8, 9, today and guess what? No response!!!!

I have contacted Amazon again asking why the hell did they issue a refund and that the least they could have done is waited until I had received it back and there response was along the lines of 'that's not our problem, it is up to the seller to negotiate this with the purchaser'!! Fuming!!!!!!

So I am royally out of pocket now!!!

Thank Post
    threaten them with trading standards ? i would. they gone behind your back to offer the asshole a refund

3. Thanks to newpersn from:

bodminman (11th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,938 Posts
    I know how you feel as this happens all the time with eBay/PayPal. The seller always loses out!

5. Thanks to Arthur from:

Thank Post
    Personally never try to negate with someone if that happens, if you do it's taken against you as it seems the buyer is right and you're trying to compensate etc.

Assuming it was some bought goods, just explain it's White as per picture and manufacturers description etc etc.

My two cents,
    Steve

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    colour blind buyer ?

Selling one white iBook, that's not white, its orange !!!

Thank Post
    eBay/ Paypal usually force the buyer to return the item though before putting the refund through, a proof of postage to the correct address is ok though.

They don't steal money from your account and then say haha get the item yourself.

Now I don't knwo how much this "white" item was but if it was expensive just go to small claims court as the buyer has stolen from you, make him bring the item to the judge can see if its grey or white. As soon as a letter from a court turns up he'll send it back, tell Amazon that you are taking him to court to, maybe ask the courts if you can sue them for the money. The chances are noone but yourself would even turn up, you'd get your money through a court order. Then if you really want to cause trouble then scan your document and send it to Amazon customer complaints saying you have had to take the buyer to court, won the case as you were right and that you want your court fees returning and compensation for their stupis policy that ignores all facts.

Depends how bothered you are but I know someone who did this over an iPod that was described as scratched but the buyer said it didn't say the back was scratched onlyy the front. My friend decided to pursue them (I think as something to do to be honest and to prove a point), they never showed to court ofcourse but he has his money back from the buyer, and he got 50 of Amazon vouchers and the 20 he paid for the court session. Don't let big companies bully you, they don't expect you to go after them so just pay up to shut you up usually.

9. Thanks to Achandler from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Personally never try to negate with someone if that happens, if you do it's taken against you as it seems the buyer is right and you're trying to compensate etc.

Assuming it was some bought goods, just explain it's White as per picture and manufacturers description etc etc.

My two cents,
    Steve
    My view was that if he's moaning about the colour then to save the hassle of him posting it back and me having to trek to the post office to collect it (as our postman won't leave it anywhere) then I'll knock a few quid off.

Goodwill if you ask me.

As for the value, it's 40.

Thank Post
    I'd be fumming mate... I wouldn't let it go though... make it as much of a pain in the a$$ for him as you can!

12. Thanks to JoeBloggs from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bodminman View Post
    Goodwill if you ask me.
    I agree with that for sure, don't get me wrong. But look at it from amazon's side. You have two clients (you/buyer) who both say they're right. But you're trying to convince the buyer to accept it (in a way). Just doesn't look good overall.

It's stupid, it's the opposite of normal behaviour, but it's online and we all know common sense online is well... lost.

Steve

14. Thanks to Steve21 from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newpersn View Post
    threaten them with trading standards ? i would. they gone behind your back to offer the asshole a refund
    I agree. They'll have to do something about it. This is the reason i stopped using eBay. To say they make there money off the "sellers fees", they make it very unfair!

Good luck!

16. Thanks to Millgate from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    eBay/ Paypal usually force the buyer to return the item though before putting the refund through, a proof of postage to the correct address is ok though.
    Proof of postage only proves that *something* was sent back to the seller. I know people who have been sent an empty box (or another random item) in lieu of the original item they sold. The buyer then has "proof" it was returned to the seller and eBay wrongly refund their money. Now they have whatever you sold to them for free as eBay will always side with the buyer.

18. Thanks to Arthur from:

Thank Post
    I've just sent the scumbag an email along the lines of:

You have 1 week to have my item returned to me in it's original packaging and in an unused condition. If I have not received the item within this time then I will have no choice but to pursue this either via the small claims court or the police.

So the choice is yours!

Kindest regards.

Thank Post
    Just been having an email exchange with Amazon and am amazed at a response I've just received:

My message to them:
    We always hope that sellers and buyers are able to work out a transaction before resorting to the Guarantee, but once the Guarantee is filed, we will take appropriate action from our end.
    This is all well and good if a) the buyer had made any attempt to contact me prior to making the AtoZ claim, which he didn't or b) has responded to my requests after the claim was made, of which he hasn't.

There is a massive gaping whole in your system here and I feel I am just being brushed off!

I'm now going to speak to Trading Standards and then maybe the Police as I cannot believe this has happened!

Simply shocking and the fact that Amazons response seems to always be 'We always hope that sellers and buyers are ableto work out a transaction before resorting to the Guarantee' is just a slap in the face and show you don't give a stuff about the sellers. Your no better than eBay! This also stinks because I wasn't contacted prior to the AtoZ claim and I have made very effort to contact this fraud to get my item back and as yet I have not succeeded.

Thanks for not helping me at all
    Amazon response:

We have reviewed the buyer's claim and the information you provided. As mentioned previously, the item you sold was different from the item referenced on the product detail page. As such, the buyer is not required to return the item to you and is entitled to a refund.
    My final response:

Not required to return the item! Are you seriously saying that not only do they get a refund but they are also under no obligation to return the said item that they were complaining about and ultimately didn't want hence requesting the refund!?!

God almighty, this is sounding more ridiculous/crazy but the minute!
    Amazing!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That is 100% scandalous regardless of context... hope that gets sorted soon!

EDIT:

Wow, how about this: just had a small issue with them myself - got an email from them saying I had 1.50 credit on a gift certificate, so how about using it on an mp3. Turned out there was only 50p credit. No problem - thought I should do the right thing and let them know they have a bit of a bug/issue.

So the response?

"I have read your e-mail and I can understand that you have received an e-mail with incorrect information of your Amazon gift certificate balance.

I have checked our records and confirm that the e-mail you received wasn't from Amazon.co.uk, and we're investigating the situation. "

lol - are these people serious? Just replied back to them and asked them to sort it out - it was just for their information now they're telling me porkies? Tsk!
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 13th August 2011 at 09:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Final response from Amazon:
    As mentioned previously, we have reviewed the buyer's claim and the information you provided. We have determined that this A-to-z Guarantee claim will remain unchanged.

We understand that you may not agree with this decision, but we will not be able to assist you further with this claim and there will be no further response to your e-mail messages regarding this transaction.

Thank you for selling with Amazon.co.uk.
    They should have just told me to feck off!

Anyway I will be starting proceedings against this scumbag buyer through the small claims court tomorrow. I will also be making the Police aware of this issue even though I doubt they'll do anything as they'll just put it down as a civil matter.

I have also just emailed Watchdog with the background and copies of the emails to/from Amazon.

It's disgusting!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast