+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Aaarrggghhh - Amazon.co.uk in General; Move to EBay, their rules are cooler... Remember Amazon is still a shop with customers to keep happy. When you ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Move to EBay, their rules are cooler... Remember Amazon is still a shop with customers to keep happy. When you buy most think they are buying from Amazon still even though it is through a third party. I would put money on the buyer told amazon that he tried to contact you without success making you look bad to them so under their policies they just take the money back...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    ....... I would put money on the buyer told amazon that he tried to contact you without success making you look bad to them so under their policies they just take the money back...
    The whole idea is to use the Amazon messaging system so that all comms can be recorded. I think that is in the T&Cs.

With regards to how I got on, I sent the following message to: managing-director@amazon.co.uk
    Dear Managing Director,

I have been passed your email address after I made contact with the Amazon customer services in order to make a complaint.

I have a seller account at Amazon and on 29 June 2011 a buyer purchased an item from me. (Order-Item ID: 14292411763803) Approx a week later I received a dispute notice from the ’AtoZ’ team on behalf of the buyer, saying that the item received was materially different.

In reply to the ‘AtoZ’ notice I explained my positions and a) offered the buyer a discount or b) if the buyer were to return my item unused and in its original packaging.

The next thing I hear is another email from the ‘AtoZ’ team saying that they are siding with the buyer and have issued him a refund.

I thought OK then but what about my item!?! I was informed that it is up to the seller to liaise with the buyer to arrange the return of any items. So as informed I have send the buyer several emails requesting the return of my item to none have been replied too.

So being rather irritated with this I decided to take this up with your customer services who, in no uncertain terms, were not helpful at all. I just kept getting the ‘it is up to you to liaise with the buyer to arrange for the return of your goods’ line. This is all well and good if the buyer would respond to my messages!

Here are the messages I have sent to and received from Amazon:

--------------------------------------------------------
    11-Aug-11 – Email from Amazon

Dear Seller,

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.uk Marketplace regarding the A-Z Guarantee claim for order #026-2593510-1219517.

If you wish to provide any information related to this claim, you will need to send an e-mail directly to: 

payments-guarantee@amazon.co.uk

Please note that guarantee reimbursement is not intended to serve as a normal method of seller refunds, and is no substitute for a seller's own customer service. It is the responsibility of sellers to work with their buyers to resolve differences. Sellers should respond to buyer contacts and make every effort to address customer problems. 

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.co.uk Marketplace.

Warmest regards,

------------------------------------------------
    12-Aug-11 – My response

Sellers should respond to buyer contacts and make every effort to address customer problems.

This I have done but the buyer hasn't responded to any message I have sent to him! All one sided and I the 'Seller' have lost out. This is shocking customer service from Amazon and considering I starting using your service because eBay was getting so bad with con artists and fraudsters, I'm very frustrated at the 'it's not our problem' attitude.

Well it is your problem! You grant refunds to people without helping out the sellers by ensuring they at the very least are getting there items back before issuing the refund!

I'm now reporting this to Trading Standards!

Shocking!

-------------------------------------------
    12-Aug-11 – Email from Amazon

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.uk regarding your order 026-2593510-1219517.

Per our Community Rules for listing Amazon Marketplace items, sellers may not deviate from the product format represented on an item's retail page, also known as the product detail page. As we state, "When listing your item, you must do so on the page with the same item, in the same format." Previous models or editions cannot be listed on a similar ASIN. It is not sufficient to list the differences in the comments.

Because you listed a different item/version than the one advertised on the detail page, the item was materially different than described, and the buyer is automatically eligible for the A-to-z Guarantee, whether they return the item or not. We always hope that sellers and buyers are able
to work out a transaction before resorting to the Guarantee, but once the Guarantee is filed, we will take appropriate action from our end.

Thank you for doing business with Amazon.co.uk.

----------------------------------------------
    13-Aug-11 – My response
    We always hope that sellers and buyers are able
to work out a transaction before resorting to the Guarantee, but once the Guarantee is filed, we will take appropriate action from our end.

This is all well and good if a) the buyer had made any attempt to contact me prior to making the AtoZ claim, which he didn't or b) has responded to my requests after the claim was made, of which he hasn't.

There is a massive gaping whole in your system here and I feel I am just being brushed off!

I'm now going to speak to Trading Standards and then maybe the Police as I cannot believe this has happened!

Simply shocking and the fact that Amazons response seems to always be 'We always hope that sellers and buyers are able to work out a transaction before resorting to the Guarantee' is just a slap in the face and show you don't give a stuff about the sellers. Your no better than eBay! This also stinks because I wasn't contacted prior to the AtoZ claim and I have made very effort to contact this fraud to get my item back and as yet I have not succeeded.

Thanks for not helping me at all

--------------------------------------
    13-Aug-11 – Email from Amazon

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk. 

We have reviewed the buyer's claim and the information you provided. As mentioned previously, the item you sold was different from the item referenced on the product detail page. As such, the buyer is not required to return the item to you and is entitled to a refund. 

Please note that, as a seller, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that the item listed exactly matches the product detail page item. If an appropriate detail page is not available, you are welcome to create a new product detail page for the item.

We understand that you may not agree with this decision, but we have determined that this A-to-z Guarantee claim will remain unchanged. 

We thank you for your understanding and for participating in Amazon.co.uk.

------------------------------
    13-Aug-11 – My response

Not required to return the item! Are you seriously saying that not only do they get a refund but they are also under no obligation to return the said item that they were complaining about and ultimately didn't want hence requesting the refund!?!

God almighty, this is sounding more ridiculous/crazy but the minute!

------------------------------------------
    13-Aug-11 – Amazon response

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

As mentioned previously, we have reviewed the buyer's claim and the information you provided. We have determined that this A-to-z Guarantee claim will remain unchanged. 

We understand that you may not agree with this decision, but we will not be able to assist you further with this claim and there will be no further response to your e-mail messages regarding this transaction.

Thank you for selling with Amazon.co.uk.
    -----------------------------------

My question to you is that why wasn’t the buyer encouraged to make contact with me prior to the lodging of the ‘AtoZ’ dispute as is advised by your own guidance when using the ‘AtoZ’ system?

What it looks like to me is that the buyers can do almost what they want and there is no protection for the seller.

In my opinion Amazon should have advised the buyer to contact me prior to lodging the ‘AtoZ’ and that way I may have had some chance of getting my item returned!

Now I have no item and a seller account that is almost 30 in debt because of what I deem to be short sightedness from Amazon.

I am prepared to send all this info to Watchdog etc etc etc unless this situation is reviewed by yourself.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I really do hope that you understand my frustrations at the way things have gone. I certainly have learnt something from this and I just hope Amazon can take on board some pointers too!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    Anyway I got a very short message a few days later basically saying that my account had be credited again! No explanation or apology or anything else but at least I got my dosh back!

Oh and by the way I still reported them to Trading Standards and Watchdog!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally4x View Post
    My buyer bought a DS from me knowing from the listing that there was not a charger with it. They filed an A to Z claim that it was defective because after the battery died it wouldn't work unless it was charged and it didn't have a charger, so it was defective. Within two days, I have had my account debited by 70, they get to keep the DS.
    The buyer keeping the item and getting a refund seems to happen quite a lot with games consoles...

How I Sent A Stranger A Free PS3, Thanks To Amazon
    Let me preface this by saying that I am a high-volume Amazon consumer, but I have only used Amazon as a seller very rarely. But as a consumer, I think Amazon can do no wrong. But Amazon's seller policies are terrible.

My story: I sold a used PS3 on Amazon. I had sold most stuff on eBay, but having recently sold an iPad on Amazon very quickly and painlessly, figured I'd give Amazon another chance.

A woman named [redacted], purchased it. I packed it carefully, put in a few extras (games I no longer played), and shipped it the day after she bought it.

A few days after she received it, she contacted me to tell me the PS3 was turning on but not outputting a signal. She immediately filed an A-to-Z claim against me. I walked her through the issue, which was basically that the PS3 had to be reset to switch from HDMI mode to component cables (a well-documented issue). I informed her that she was welcome to return the unit for a refund if she wanted, but she would have to return the unit. However, once she figured out how to solve her problem, she ceased responding to me, and maintained her A-to-Z claim.

Amazon immediately refunded her the cost of the PS3. When I demanded that she ship it back to me, Amazon said I had missed my window of opportunity to ask her to send the unit back. Despite my best efforts at talking to Amazon "seller support," they let [the customer] keep a brand new PS3 for free, while leaving me high and dry.

I will never sell on Amazon again. eBay, by contrast, requires buyers who report a defective or counterfeit item to at least place the item in the return mail before issuing a refund. I have no idea why Amazon would allow a thief like "[redacted]" to file a claim, sit on it, and then keep the allegedly defective unit, even though I offered to pay for shipping and handling back to me. (Source)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123