+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
General Chat Thread, London Riots in General; Originally Posted by j17sparky Was being diplomatic as there's always going to be one who says "I should be allowed ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Was being diplomatic as there's always going to be one who says "I should be allowed to wear whatever I want and be where ever I want and not be branded the same..."

Anyway, here's something to cheer people up (don't think its even our riots actually but still made me smile) - BOOM

http://i.imgur.com/JCQWV.gif
    I know inflation is running high, but I didn't realise that Budget car rentals had bumped their prices up so high that the poor, EMA less yoof could no longer afford to hire a car.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    I know inflation is running high, but I didn't realise that Budget car rentals had bumped their prices up so high that the poor, EMA less yoof could no longer afford to hire a car.
    Talking about car rentals and costs of living, no wonder car insurance is so high. Had a women scrape down my <2000 car (Toyota MR2) yesterday. I'm getting a curtasy car while its repaired which will take atleast a few days. As they replace with a "similar vehicle" I am getting a Audi A3, BMW 1 series or a Mazda RX8. I understand you should get a car of similar size, estate for estate etc, but I'd have been happy with a Vaux Astra or some other cheapo motor.

For the sake of a few hundred pound scrape on a 2000 car they are folking out several hundred pounds in car hire alone.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 10th August 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Thank Post
    I can't believe my family. They've decided to all go out for a meal at 8pm tonight.

Even after pointing out to them that it's really not a good idea they're still doing it. Bloody teachers!* They never listen.

(*That's not a general insult they are all in fact teachers)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I can't believe my family. They've decided to all go out for a meal at 8pm tonight.

Even after pointing out to them that it's really not a good idea they're still doing it. Bloody teachers!* They never listen.

(*That's not a general insult they are all in fact teachers)

Well, I know a good taxi company they might want to use...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I just caught a couple of people interviewed by the BBC news, specifically a pea brained man and a gobby woman advocating and defending rioters respectively. The man blamed the Poles for taking away jobs (infer away) and the woman stated that 'the kids have got nothing', where clearly the kids in tow were well fed, clothed and seem to have been afforded what 90% of the world's population can only dream of.

Bound by the shackles of logic, I was unable to follow their reasoning, but it did annoy me. Damn you BBC for wasting air time on imbeciles like these. Leave this stuff to the Daily Mail.
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 10th August 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Trapper sent you a PM

but anyone else in Birmingham tonight should probably read this BBM message that is apparently doing the rounds
    I trust the site its on so probably not a hoax

NSFW *'d swear warning

Birmingham Riots 2011 - This is an exact transcript of a message that is...

Just noted Trapper is offline - if anybody has a phone number for him he needs to be informed about this
    Last edited by JJonas; 10th August 2011 at 06:25 PM.

Thank Post

8. Thanks to JJonas from:

localzuk (10th August 2011)

Thank Post
    looks like it was a quiet night. Which is good hopefully the madness is over.

Ive "looted" this summary from the Guardian live stream

In the meantime, here's a round-up of tonight's main developments:

London and other major cities, including Liverpool, Birmingham and Manchester, saw no repeat of the mass disorder seen on previous nights. There were a few minor skirmishes but overall the situation across England was much calmer.

Police have been deployed in force in major cities across England. There were 6,000 police officers deployed in Birmingham.

Father of a man killed on Tuesday night in Birmingham appealed for calm at a vigil in the city.

There were brief clashes between police and EDL supporters in Eltham, south-east London.

Special court hearings have been held in cities affected by disorder with several people arrested over the riots and looting now convicted, including an 11-year-old boy.
    also ive just seen this on twitter which made me laugh

So Cameron has gone from "hug a hoodie" to "hose a hoodie"
    Last edited by JJonas; 11th August 2011 at 07:41 AM.

Thank Post
    It may have been quieter on the streets of England last night but Edinburgh wasn't so lucky

11. 7 Thanks to laserblazer:

Dos_Box (11th August 2011), Hightower (11th August 2011), joe90bass (11th August 2011), mattx (11th August 2011), MK-2 (11th August 2011), somabc (11th August 2011), synaesthesia (11th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    It may have been quieter on the streets of England last night but Edinburgh wasn't so lucky
    Rioters move from london to edinburgh 10 aug 11 ( carnage !!! ) rab mcneillys - YouTube
    i said it before, i'll say it again, shoot to kill. that sort of behaviour is sickening. i mean who will be left to clean up the mess, what about the owners, how are they going to cope.

you're a brave man for posting such mindless violence, especially on here! i salute you!

Thank Post
    The longest sentence so far? 8 months! That is a joke. Remove these people from society till after the Olympics, lest they shame our nation again

Thank Post
    An appeal for Ngongo Mwambe

Ngongo Mwambe has to walk five miles every morning to collect food and fresh water for his family.....

This is because the daft ba$tard torched the Peckham High Street Spar and KFC and now has to walk all the way to Lewisham for his breakfast

15. 2 Thanks to JJonas:

akidosaint (11th August 2011), laserblazer (11th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The government today announced that it's changing the flag to a CONDOM, because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of dicks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed

Thank Post
    At the end of the day, we all should have seen this coming. We work in schools where we see the youths of today growing up and although the majority of kids are well behaved and show respect to others, the bad (to me at least) seem to be getting worse at a rate that's extremely worrying. We all see criminal behaviour like these riots every day, which is proven by me having to replace 11 mice, 3 keyboards, and 23 blanking panels in a class of 27 computers. Okay, the damage we see in the classroom is nowhere near the scale of these riots, but it shows the same lack of respect by today's youngsters for anything at all. Even their own belongings like mobile phones aren't treat with care or respect, because in today's world it's far too easy to replace it if needed.

We need to get back to a stage in schools, where kids who want to learn are taught well, and the disrupter's are disciplined in an appropriate way (i.e. not being put in a 'behavioural room' which has a PS3 and TV). We need to get back to a stage where everything is a privilege, except education which is a right - the way I see it at the moment, using a brand new computer is a right (even for known destructor's) and being educated seems to be a privilege (for kids who want to learn but can't because the bad kids are getting all the attention).

A lot of people here have said it is mainly down to the parents, and I'm not arguing with that. But it is also down to the educators of today to correct what is so horribly wrong with this country. It is down to the government to allow the teachers to teach again, to discipline again, to insert respect back into the community.

18. 10 Thanks to Hightower:

Gibbo (11th August 2011), Hokalus (11th August 2011), JJonas (11th August 2011), joe90bass (11th August 2011), mattx (11th August 2011), MK-2 (11th August 2011), simpsonj (11th August 2011), Steve21 (11th August 2011), synaesthesia (11th August 2011), Theblacksheep (11th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Well said Hightower. Expect rep when I get back to a computer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread