+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, For The Gardeners: EPA Investigating DuPont Imprelis Herbicide And Tree Damage Report in General; Link: http://www.agra-net.com/portal2/home...98&pubid=ag100 [Sign up required to view this site] From the sign up page: EPA has launched an expedited investigation ...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 928 Posts
    Blog Entries

For The Gardeners: EPA Investigating DuPont Imprelis Herbicide And Tree Damage Report

Link: http://www.agra-net.com/portal2/home...98&pubid=ag100 [Sign up required to view this site]

From the sign up page:

EPA has launched an expedited investigation into the potential link between DuPont's herbicide Imprelis and damage to certain evergreen trees, particularly Norway spruce and white pine trees.

Three companies sued DuPont last month in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware for allegedly misrepresenting the safety of Imprelis and concealing or omitting the fact that it seriously damages trees. They contend applications of the pesticide were followed within weeks by lethal damage to mature evergreen trees
    Imprelis Data Sheet: DuPont™ Imprelis™ Herbicide

Also: Link: DuPont to recall, stop selling herbicide Imprelis-DuPont, herbicide, Imprelis, aminocyclopyrachlor, EPA

Thank Post
    Trying to be as organic as I can with my garden. Made relative peace with the ants, so the Nippon powder has been banished. Also trying to use natural fertilisers like crushed egg shells for my Tommy's and Peppers, which also help to keep Mr Slug and Mr Snail away.

For the lawn, which has a severe weed infestation, I've heard that spraying Bolsanic vinegar on the leaves makes them wither up and die. I'd love to use a tool that digs them out completely, but the lawn would look ridiculous. I have used a 4 in 1 lawn feed/weed killer a few times to help start the process, but I don't like using it.

Thank Post
    My garden is entirely organic. I just let it grow and never do anything with it! Much to the disgust of my neighbour whose garden looks like Monty Don owns it.

I like having it as a wild garden, we get loads of animals in there. Local cats, foxes, hedgehogs and the blackbirds nest in my ivy bush.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread