+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Pointless Question of the Week #2 in General; sqdge: Did the caretakers pay for the computer they use from their budget? If not - TAKE IT AWAY! :twisted:...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Pointless Question of the Week #2

sqdge: Did the caretakers pay for the computer they use from their budget? If not - TAKE IT AWAY! :twisted:

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    sqdge: Did the caretakers pay for the computer they use from their budget? If not - TAKE IT AWAY! :twisted:
    The only time the caretaker uses a computer from my budget is when he flicks the main power switch at 4:30pm so they all shut-down abruptly. He used to do the same thing to the server, which caused no end of merriment for me.

As you can tell, I have something of a soft spot for our caretaker. Sort of. Well, not really.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

It sounds as if he has it in for you

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Stanton
    Wish I had a nice place to work. Here are a few pics of what I have to put up with...

One word - git

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    It sounds as if he has it in for you
    He has it in for everyone. He's been there since the school opened in 1972, which might explain why the place is falling to pieces.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NickJones
    I have been recently too, which I can attribute to a bad sitting position (which I can't avoid due to the nature of my desk). Speak to your Health & Safety Officer - they are legally required to sort it out. I did that a couple of weeks ago, and I'm having an office re-fit in half term :-)
    I've already spoken to my new manager about the desks, he is working hard to get them replaced. He has already got some quotes and we should be seeing something soon hopefully.

Now to get a bigger office

Thank Post

The location is fine;

Shame about the vile 12 mile, 40-60 minute drive each way, five days a week! Saturday it only takes 20 mins, so I want the whole school moved closer to home, scenery and all!

Thank Post

hmmm, our building has nice views of the port and sea, with fields and trees in-between, so I wouldn't change the view, and the building itself is a copy of dover castle (also seen from the school) so I wouldn't change that either....

A bigger office would be nice, but that is staff/student/ict related so I think it would have to be parquet floors and more colours in classrooms, like sky blue, cheery colours. I suppose parquet floors who be horrible to clean but they would look smart. I would also change all of the horrible dark brown cupboards we have in ict to something nice...mine in my office are covered it stickers and cutouts at the moment so don't look particularly pretty!

Jo

Thank Post

1972 thats young our school celebrated it centenary last year!! rofl

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by linuxgirlie
    1972 thats young our school celebrated it centenary last year!! rofl
    Our school was a big experiment in 'modern' design. It looks like an airport (with a control tower and hangars and everything!) and spent the first ten years of its life with open-plan classrooms (you can probably imagine why that didn't last).

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C
    The location is fine;

Shame about the vile 12 mile, 40-60 minute drive each way, five days a week! Saturday it only takes 20 mins, so I want the whole school moved closer to home, scenery and all!
    Takes me 7 - 8 minutes to get to work in the morning

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmad
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C
    The location is fine;

Takes me 7 - 8 minutes to get to work in the morning
    It takes me 40 - but that's because I cycle....except when it's raining, when it takes me 5 thanks to the internal combustion engine.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

5 minute walk up the road and through an alleyway.

Thank Post

3 minute walk down an alley way - pass the local (village owned) pub and through the back gate into the rose garden...to the main building the Knights Templar lived...its true! My office is actually in the original dungeon!

A bit about the school - then i'll shut up.

Originally located in Ealing, London, the College moved to the Temple Dinsley estate in 1935.

The main building is a magnificent Queen Anne mansion dating from 1714.

At the turn of this century, the celebrated architect Sir Edwin Lutyens was commissioned to enlarge the house and redesign the formal gardens.

More recently, in 1995 much of the fine building was modernised and refurbished.

The Dower House is located a short walk from the main building. In January 1992 the Dower House was opened as a new Sixth Form House, following extensive renovation and the building of a new wing.
    The historic houses are complemented by: a separate classroom block, a modern science centre and a spacious sports hall.

All subsequent buildings and developments at the School are sympathetically undertaken.

The formal gardens and the 183 acres of parkland provide an idyllic, safe and tranquil learning environment for our girls. The grounds include all of the School’s sports facilities and are also used to inspire artists and challenge scientists! The formal rose garden, where the influence of Gertrude Jekyll is plainly evident, is a stunning location for girls and staff to relax and for parents to enjoy at key school events.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Stanton
    3 minute walk down an alley way - pass the local (village owned) pub and through the back gate into the rose garden...to the main building the Knights Templar lived...its true! My office is actually in the original dungeon!

A bit about the school - then i'll shut up.

Originally located in Ealing, London, the College moved to the Temple Dinsley estate in 1935.

The main building is a magnificent Queen Anne mansion dating from 1714.

At the turn of this century, the celebrated architect Sir Edwin Lutyens was commissioned to enlarge the house and redesign the formal gardens.

More recently, in 1995 much of the fine building was modernised and refurbished.

The Dower House is located a short walk from the main building. In January 1992 the Dower House was opened as a new Sixth Form House, following extensive renovation and the building of a new wing.
    The historic houses are complemented by: a separate classroom block, a modern science centre and a spacious sports hall.

All subsequent buildings and developments at the School are sympathetically undertaken.

The formal gardens and the 183 acres of parkland provide an idyllic, safe and tranquil learning environment for our girls. The grounds include all of the School’s sports facilities and are also used to inspire artists and challenge scientists! The formal rose garden, where the influence of Gertrude Jekyll is plainly evident, is a stunning location for girls and staff to relax and for parents to enjoy at key school events.
    Can we ban him for making us all depressed? Bet you get loads of budget too!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast