+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
General Chat Thread, F1 goes PPV. in General; Originally Posted by Disease Don't be tight, get Sky and be happy with the best coverage of sport around. is ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    Don't be tight, get Sky and be happy with the best coverage of sport around.
    is it really though - for many sports the bbc still has the best pundits - especially in terms of f1

Thank Post
    Just wont be like that though will it, we will get people who barely know what they are talking about. On PF1 a link was posted with a Tony Jardine? interview and he made two big mistakes in talking about F1. One was Fernandez is in the fight this year and the other was Lewis won the championship in 2007 on the last corner. Which was in fact Fernando and 2008. If that's what we got to come then frankly it will be disgusting. BBC has been the best broadcaster and when it returned from ITV to BBC it has been even better, if Sky some how magically does a better job then I wil go buy a hat and eat it. I have zero confidence in Sky's ability to broadcast F1 - this is not Football which revolves around only the players this is F1 which is a team sport of those on the circuit and behind the scenes. Always has been a "Technical" sport, which Sky lacks the know how.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's not about being tight......It's about having some morals.

I realise that on the day after the riots in London, morals are a bit of a touchy subject, but let's face it.....Sky are responsible for all the ills in football....you want the same for F1? Good luck to you, but I'll stick to half the races on BBC, and highlights packages.

Sky are joint owned (about 30%, I believe) by News Corp...That's ANOTHER reason to have morals.

Thank Post
    £50 a month to watch 20 f1 races in hd £600 a year nanas to that i have no interest in football/rugby/outdoor drinking (cricket) 600 will get me to every btcc race of the year and still leave me change to go and see f1 live in all probability and then im not giving phone hackers inc any money either. Ive had sky before and it was a waste of money (used it 3 times in last month or 2 i had it)not to mention you pay for tv and have adverts (and many adverts at that) so you are in part paying to watch adverts

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Don't forget that all the Beeb F1 team are out of contract now so are on the market as it were, Sky are already rumoured to be talking to MB about him joining them as he is the most popular part of the F1 team at the Beeb.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget they are sharing commentary with the Beeb so MB and DC will be heard on both sides.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011