+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Yodel - Formerly Home Delivery Network - aka Cowboys in General; I returned some faulty stuff yesterday. The returns label said DHL but the person who took my call was from ...

Thank Post
    I returned some faulty stuff yesterday. The returns label said DHL but the person who took my call was from Yodel. She was from "up north" and I had to ask her to repeat everything at least twice. Think I prefer Mumbai!

Thank Post
    ARGH Don't talk to me about Home Delivery Network! I become enraged and begin frothing... I bought 200 worth of computer componants (can't remember where from - might have been overclockers or scan) and came home to a card pushed through the door 'Put in safe place - in recycle bin'.

That would be the recycle bin next to the front door, about 3 feet from the kerb with no fence or wall. That would ALSO be the recycle bin that was due to be collected... I was livid. Especially when my dispatch notes specifically stated 'DO NOT LEAVE PARCEL IF NO ANSWER'.

Crisis was averted by my narrowly arriving at my house before the binmen.

Several months later I then bought some clothes from H&M - HDL were the couriers for that and left a parcel of KNITWEAR in a puddle UNDER THE FRONT WHEEL of a car on our driveway... *Headdesk*

I cannot express my feelings about HDL/Yodel without copious profanity and raging.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Ah, ok, didn't know that bit. We still get DHL lorries turning up here so must not be rebranded yet!
    That's probably for the best - have you seen their new vans?
    They appear to have reversed the colour scheme you tend to get on Dyno-Rod vans - fluorescent orange text on green backgrounds.

Thank Post
    The worst I've come across is City Link once.

I ordered my home PC and had it sent to work during the six weeks. They sent me an email saying attempted delivery, but school closed. Which was bullcorn. Checked the CCTV, no van came near site all day. Obviously they just thought "summer, school, parcel" nah sod it.

Royal Mail also did this at home. The postie stuck a card through the door, as I was up and waiting I jumped out the house and asked for my parcel. He didn't have it with him. They make the decision at the depot that during work days not to take all the parcels out, based on the area they know *Number 85 is always at work 9-5* and then just whack the card through. I noticed the stack of cards in his bag had already been written!

So they'd obviously decided not to waste their legs by carrying parcels, but also to write all the cards back in the depot whilst having their breakfast! B'tards!

Thank Post
    Absolute worse was Royal Mail with the deeds and historical documents for the house. We were in, but he didn't bother ringing the bell or knocking. He just stuck the package under the car wheel, in the pouring rain.

The worst part was the package was obsurced, so if I hadn't seen him do it, I would have run over it when I next backed the car off the drive. And these are pretty important documents!

Another RM cock up was a DVD left in clear view outside my house

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Absolute worse was Royal Mail with the deeds and historical documents for the house. We were in, but he didn't bother ringing the bell or knocking. He just stuck the package under the car wheel, in the pouring rain.
    Well, that is just absolutely stupid. They should only have done that if it was a fragile package.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    ARGH Don't talk to me about Home Delivery Network! I become enraged and begin frothing... I bought 200 worth of computer componants (can't remember where from - might have been overclockers or scan) and came home to a card pushed through the door 'Put in safe place - in recycle bin'.

That would be the recycle bin next to the front door, about 3 feet from the kerb with no fence or wall. That would ALSO be the recycle bin that was due to be collected... I was livid. Especially when my dispatch notes specifically stated 'DO NOT LEAVE PARCEL IF NO ANSWER'.
    I would have been very tempted to say they weren't there

I've just a brilliant one from Royal Mail. I'm buying a house so was expecting all my legal documents from the conveyancer. I'm buying a reposition so everything has to be done in 28 days. Get home to find all the letters thrown in the porch where the high winds had blown them into the torrential rain - brill! Luckily the envelope was a plasticy one so no harm done but if I hadn't spotted them they could have ended up anywhere with me wasting time waiting on my conveyancers go get back to me, potetially costing me thousands of pounds in wasted legal fees.

Thank Post
    The worst I've come across is City Link once.
    +1 when I think City Link I say it like they do in South Park, City Wok
    They are the worst I have ever used, now I always try to use parcelforce/royal mail as personally I have had no problems at all with them and they usually always delivery on time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Royal Mail also did this at home. The postie stuck a card through the door, as I was up and waiting I jumped out the house and asked for my parcel. He didn't have it with him. They make the decision at the depot that during work days not to take all the parcels out, based on the area they know *Number 85 is always at work 9-5* and then just whack the card through. I noticed the stack of cards in his bag had already been written!
    I've had this too, really annoying!

I stand by what I say though, Royal Mail are definitely the lesser of all evils, purely for the fact they have depots all over the place and they're usually open Saturdays!

These couriers are a bunch of robbing bar stewards, I honestly believe they make it as difficult as humanly possible for you to receive a package in the week - most of them have a Saturday delivery service that costs the recipient an additional 10. Coincidence? I think not.

Thank Post
    Home delivery Network is a pain in the but !

They seem to be winning the contracts from all the majour companys because there cheap ( see lasts year's post tax lost ) and im assuming they will try and increase the costs next year .

Any way .. I orderd some flowers from marks and spencers for my sister when she has just given birth . Giving the fact i didnt think she would want me round for a few days i decided to order the flowers online . Home delivery network failed to deliver 4 times !! .. She lives in a flat ( converted house ) with a buzzer which clearly shows the number .

I actually think citylink , DHL and royal mail are all ok . I order a lot of stuff online and have only ever had problems with HDNL

Thank Post
    The best i've had recently was book ordered from Play which was delivered HDN and the put it under the fence with the dog!

On the card they put: "Safe under gate with dog" - i don't think any package is safe with a dog???

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucy View Post
    On the card they put: "Safe under gate with dog" - i don't think any package is safe with a dog???
    This would be Play.com - Buy Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan - Jim Milio ; Melissa Jo Peltier online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Thank Post

Thank Post
    This is just getting worse

They are now telling me my parcel number isn't long enough so I must be telling them the wrong one (it is printed on my card!!!), and the website appears to change every time I look at the damn thing! Depending which part of the site I type my number in to I get a different result!

Oh, and I tried to check the address of the depot but it's nowhere to be found on their website!

I've found an address via Google and checked via street view, it appears to be the DHL depot so let's hope they have my parcel! Going down there tonight. I had arranged to collect it from there tonight but as they're denying my parcel number as being legitimate I don't think I'm going to have much bloody luck!

Thank Post
    Finally got my package last night, but what a joke it was!

I filled in the forms online on Sunday to be able to collect the package from the depot last night. Got to the depot to be told that my parcel had been delivered and that I had signed for it! The guy at the depot even printed the job history out for me clearly showing that I requested it for collection and that they went ahead and delivered it anyway, along with some random scribble of a signature with my name attached to it (obviously not my signature!).

Got home to find the parcel sat on my front door step for all and sundry to walk past and see sitting there! My guess is that the driver couldn't be arsed to take it back to the depot so he just dumped it on my door step and signed it off himself!

Needless to say, I will be filing a complaint (although my original email to them to ask why they failed the delivery I arranged for Friday still hasn't been answered).

A quick Google shows that of around 250 reviews, 99.9% of them have given the company just 1 star (the minimum possible on Google). This company should be shut down, surely there is an ombudsman of some kind?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast