+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Facebook - is it blocked and are you on it? in General; ok...shall i rant? I like social networking sites if they work, i.e. i have not had any luck with friendsreunited ...
    PEO
    Thank Post

Re: Facebook - is it blocked and are you on it?

ok...shall i rant?

I like social networking sites if they work, i.e. i have not had any luck with friendsreunited (dont worry dos_box i wont say tomuch to have you sued!)

Myspace...*deep breathing here and calm* S....t! I why is it on my space your frineds have to message you at 2 o'clock in the morning to say "Hi dude, did you have a great night tonight, gooor that bird with the huge knckers was hot" errrrm yeh mate i was there. why are you asking me this on a public site when a. we discussed it and b. well my girl friend wouldnt appreciate it me looking at other birds knockers. and c. well what would other people think about me whein im not actually a perv (BUT I REALLY DO LIKE BOOBS :d)

by the way i deleted My space beacuae of that and many other reasons. whats wrong with picking up the phone, or sending a PRIVATE email, txt what ever.

ok facebook

I'm on it beacause, yep i found it hard to work at first, bit lie manu dude, but I havehad so much more luck at contacing my old school frineds, pluss hte onlije poker game is great

any way the answer to the question...

yes it is blocked and

yes i am on it for the time been.... but have much better things to do

PEO
    Thank Post

does any one know of any good touch typing software?

Thank Post

Yes, its blocked by LEA (Norfolk)

Yes, i'm on it, and just found the Edugeek group!

I much prefer it to Myspace, got more friends that use it, and most of my old uni friends and 6th form friends that i'd pretty much lost contact with have found me too. The apps are starting to annoy me though, but you have an ignore button!!

Craig

Thank Post

Yes
    and
    Yes. Suddenly all my friends were on it. Never used any other social networking site.

Thank Post

1: Yes we block them as they are major distractions and our connection to the net is 2mb and thus painfully slow.

2: Nope, when I get home I don't want to spend hours messing about on PCs filling in big wastes of my time about irrelevant crap. I have phone, email and MSN, I'll leave those on while I sit down and relax.

Thank Post

Yes we have blocked it here

And yeah im on it.

aliv25

Im going to defend crackspace (highly addictive)...well it ONCE was. its still used by many people today to promote on a global area. Lily Allen and Artic Monkeys for example wouldnt have made it where they are today without myspace NOT facebook. Myspace looks aesthetically better when it comes to personalising your own page, BUT facebook seems easier to use (without all the HTML coding) so thats probably why so many people use it. Its easier to find friends on Facebook and there are many I have bumped into who I havent spoken to in years! Anyway, all these social networking sites are phases everyone goes through...look at whats happened to the likes of Bebo, Faceparty, Hi5 etc...FINISHED.

Thank Post

I blocked it for the kids but deliberately kept it open for staff, I thought they might appreciate it, oh okay I wanted access.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Espada
    I blocked it for the kids but deliberately kept it open for staff, I thought they might appreciate it, oh okay I wanted access.
    You mean to say you havent given yourself unlimited access to the internet? If not why?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by timbo343
    You mean to say you havent given yourself unlimited access to the internet? If not why?
    Well as it is me and only me who knows how the blocking works, I do effectively have unrestricted access.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by aliv25
    Im going to defend crackspace (highly addictive)...well it ONCE was. its still used by many people today to promote on a global area. Lily Allen and Artic Monkeys for example wouldnt have made it where they are today without myspace NOT facebook. Myspace looks aesthetically better when it comes to personalising your own page, BUT facebook seems easier to use (without all the HTML coding) so thats probably why so many people use it. Its easier to find friends on Facebook and there are many I have bumped into who I havent spoken to in years! Anyway, all these social networking sites are phases everyone goes through...look at whats happened to the likes of Bebo, Faceparty, Hi5 etc...FINISHED.
    Myspace looks better?!! Which myspace pages have you been looking at?! 8O Ok the band ones are normally Ok as they are setup by a web person or the record label but the last time I had to look at a myspace page my eyes ran & hid for a week. PLus my ears closed down as they were forced to listen to who knows what! Made me remember why I usually have the speakers off now while on the web!

Ok maybe I am over generalising but on teh whole MySpace is an eyesore as everyone tries to cram everything they can on to their page & have so many pictures scattergunned on to the page!

Thank Post

I am on Myspace and Facebook.

Been on Myspace years but not really checked it much til last couple of months.

Been on Facebook about 3 weeks cos people were hassling me, I don't use it I just log on and accept Friends I recognise/like.

Prefer Myspace to be honest, sure some profiles can be awful, but it's the entire customisable possibilities that I love, there are some amazing profiles if you seek them out.

Start by searching DeviantArt for Myspace lol.

aliv25

Myspace looks better?!! Which myspace pages have you been looking at?!
    All the pages with the fit birds on it...

PLus my ears closed down as they were forced to listen to who knows what! Made me remember why I usually have the speakers off now while on the web!
    Disconnect the cables to the speaker to make sure of no sound output at all.

everyone tries to cram everything they can on to their page & have so many pictures scattergunned on to the page!
    Annoying how on facebook everyone seems to tag you in pictures you dont want people to see

Facebook is not private enough, if people were to leave comments on your page that were inappropriate you would have to log on next time to delete the comment, unlike on Myspace comments can be previewed before displaying, therefore giving you peace of mind. Also on top, i hate these annoying requests on Facebook to have a fun, super, super-duper wall and why poke, slap, drop kick someone??? the extras are really pointless.

Thank Post

Well to be fair I don't use either so don't get prodded, poked, slapped or anyother contact. Just assualted everytime I am forced to enter the underworld.

Though there is a difference between functionality, privacy features and 'applications' and asthetics. You had said mySpace looks better, not that it has better privacy features. As far as I am aware people can still post up pictures you don't want to see. What the internet has always been used for. They claim email was invented to talk between unis back in the day but it was in fact used to send that picture of the trek fan in computer club dressed up as Uhuru around for perpetual ridicule.

Hmmmmm, and 'fit birds' are normally the kind that have those silly angels or dressup dolls plastered everywhere, supposed deep comments written in word art or surrounded by dolphins, multicolour repeated or tiny images stretched backgrounds and every monkey posting comments like "WAYYHEY your right fit you are" with an attached pic of them gurning in a baseball hat or a fuzzy image of what could be a shaved mole or other unthinkable things. Ohh and invariably various 'funny' pictures that have been circulating since 1981.

Sorry, starting to sound like a tit. Think I need to move to the FFS thread.

Thank Post

that aliv25 chap is quite right on this one me thinks...

I am definitely a supporter of the myspace... as i am one of Tom's 1,000,000,000 friends... but in defence of facebook it seems a lot more secure than myspace... on myspace a user can expect to regularly receive messages and comments advertising apendage enhancing pills & credit cards for macy's as a result of "phishing"... this doesn't happen on facebook even with all of those ANOYING apps...

Mark Zuckerberg 1 - 0 Tom Anderson

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast