+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Karaoke Lyrics in General; Hi, I'm looking to start my own karaoke up with a laptop, and am stuck with the lyrics, i've got ...
    Thank Post

Karaoke Lyrics

Hi,
    I'm looking to start my own karaoke up with a laptop, and am stuck with the lyrics, i've got alot of music but non of the lyric videos, where would i be able to get these videos?
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

Thank Post
    I'm assuming your looking at buying them? Sunfly are quite big in the world of karaoke tracks also you'll need a player to play CDG files on your laptop. PM me if you want further info

Thank Post
    My husband runs a karaoke with a song list of 23000. You need cdg or mp3+g to provide both the music and lyrics. There are a number of programs to play them on a laptop - when he started out he used Media Player with a free plugin to deal with the lyrics and dual screen etc. He moved onto a paid for program as it offers more features.

Thank Post
    Also, if you're looking to do any kind of business like that where you are using music from a laptop you will need to get the ProDub License with Graphic Right Uplift (Mechanical Copyright Protection Society Home will give you more info on it).

If you're using a PC, then Virtual DJ (VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - MP3 Mixing Software) is a brilliant piece of software (in fact you can get it for Mac too however ...)

If you're using a Mac, then I recommend kJams Pro (kJams Karaoke) and MegaSeg (MegaSeg DJ Software for Mac & iTunes - Radio Automation & Live Assist for Mac) for the DJing side of things. Though, I have heard from the inside that MegaSeg is looking to support thoroughbred Karaoke Files (ie MP3+G or other variation) in a future release, but no time scale on this as yet.

As rush_tech has said, SunFly is a good place to start, but there are also the likes of EZ Karaoke and Zoom who do some good sets, but SunFly tend to have the better tracks.

If you are on Mac then kJams actually has Karaoke Stores built in there, so you can buy tracks as though you were buying something off the fruit flavoured song store, which is great if you're out and someone asks for something you don't have, as if you have a good connection, you soon can have it and use it straight away.
    Last edited by soveryapt; 6th July 2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Spelling .. Sone? hmm .. that should have been (and is now) song .. lol

Thank Post
    does it matter? just get them to guess like this diamond gal:
    YouTube - &#x202aKenn Lee Best Audition Ever!! (Real Lyrics!!)&#x202c‏

Thank Post
    at the moment i'm looking on singtotheworld.com and virtual DJ, what kind of spec laptop do you run it off? at the moment i'm looking at, 2.2 GHz dual Core processor, 6GB RAM and 750GB hard drive, am i looking in the right direction or will i need more?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread