+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, New Blackberry Playbook Advert....Genius!! in General; ...
    Thank Post

New Blackberry Playbook Advert....Genius!!

Thank Post
    Not that genius when you count iDevices can do youTube and that PlayBooks have to be connected & in range of a Blackberry or it is restricted on what it can actually do. That seems more of a restriction than not getting some sparkly graphics.

Thank Post
    But it does run Flash though, so atleast you can view 70% of the web when you get connected

Thank Post
    Genius? Made me feel sick it jumped about so much!

Thank Post
    Not a fanboy of the Ipad (even though I have one) But other than flash what does it really bring to the table??? I can get flash on my android phone if i need it... And if I wanted flash on a tablet I would buy one of the many, many Android tabs out there.
    I never was a big Blackberry fan but his tab just does nothing for me...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maveriick View Post
    I am a blackberry fan, but also fail to see the point in the playbook. It's a nice idea, but a year too late and the market of Androids and Ipads is just too big already for them to bring anything to isn't it?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maveriick View Post
    Not a fanboy of the Ipad (even though I have one) But other than flash what does it really bring to the table??? I can get flash on my android phone if i need it... And if I wanted flash on a tablet I would buy one of the many, many Android tabs out there.
    this will probably only appeal to the blackberry owners, as lets face it, if you have an iphone, chances are you can see the appeal in an ipad, if you have an android phone you can see the appeal in the samsung tab/motorola xoom/asus eepad etc. so if you have a blackberry, you can wax lyrical about how one of these will help you do so much more.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawloms View Post
    I am a blackberry fan, but also fail to see the point in the playbook. It's a nice idea, but a year too late and the market of Androids and Ipads is just too big already for them to bring anything to isn't it?
    All my friends that had blackberry's have been slowly comming to the Darkside... The Android phone... And loving it... The only thing I wish my Atrix had was a slide out keyboard But hey that is an ok trade-off.

Thank Post
    You have all missed the point of the post, it was never about the playbook, it was about the marketing campaign highlighting one of the evident weakness of Apples strategy for the IPad in leaving out Flash!

Notthe pro's and cons of the Playbook, it's more about Job's attemot to control content on the internet.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    You have all missed the point of the post, it was never about the playbook, it was about the marketing campaign highlighting one of the evident weakness of Apples strategy for the IPad in leaving out Flash!

Notthe pro's and cons of the Playbook, it's more about Job's attemot to control content on the internet.
    if the whole idea of the advert was to say "we do flash, you don't" then that is a major fail. they are lining themselves up with apple as their only competitor. So that advert is irrelevant if you own an android tablet.

Thank Post
    Yeah, but you cant help wonder...will it save everyone of us?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Is it true that BES can only handle one device per user?

http://www.businessinsider.com/email...ok-2011-6?op=1

When Research In Motion shipped the PlayBook without native e-mail support, it was surprising. After all, RIM's greatest strength is a killer e-mail application for BlackBerrys. Why didn't it have e-mail baked into the PlayBook?

Turns out it had to skip native e-mail support on the PlayBook because its architecture can't support two devices with one person's account, according to a source.

Here's how our source explains it: "The Blackberry email system is the BES -- which is the source/focus of all the famous BB security. The BES email server has the concept of one user = one device (or they call it PIN)."

When RIM built its system it didn't see ahead to realize there would be a time when a user could have a smartphone and a tablet. So now it has "significant work to make the BES support multiple devices."

RIM should be able to rearchitect its system, but our source points out, it's "a lot of work to change something that's pretty basic in the software architecture and design."

And it's indicative of the turnaround project RIM has on its hands. It's trying to switch from its current platform to a new platform, QNX. That's no easy task.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    this will probably only appeal to the blackberry owners, as lets face it, if you have an iphone, chances are you can see the appeal in an ipad, if you have an android phone you can see the appeal in the samsung tab/motorola xoom/asus eepad etc. so if you have a blackberry, you can wax lyrical about how one of these will help you do so much more.
    Kind of with you on that one, although I have an IPhone4 I would much more fancy a PlayBook over some thing that didnt have flash. I want to have more not less

Thank Post
    Saw the advert and saw it as a genius yet flawed piece of advertising, as somebody has said they are pitching it straight against Apple which will appeal to some but could also be a big downfall for them.

Personally I have an iPad but I'm not a huge fanboy over it, I have my Desire HD because I also love Android - and I can't think of the last time I actually went on a website that I give a toss about which needs flash, as such this advert would hold no relevance to me and quite probably most of the consumer market who might be interested in such a product (unless you are one of us, who knows what Flash is) who would probably not even know what flash is.

Not only that but I hate Flash, Adobe and anything involving the two, and find them to be a half baked and insecure technology which has an ever louder death rattle with each security update.

I hate Adobe.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread