+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, BBC to axe F1 to save BBC4 in General; bur how many of the sky chaneels do you watch? You pay money to watch all the adverts on the ...

Thank Post
    bur how many of the sky chaneels do you watch? You pay money to watch all the adverts on the channels/god channels/renault chanel etc so you are paying to have adverts beamed into your home and relegious nuts not to mention giving murdoch money. I wouldnt mind so much paying for sky IF they diddnt have 59 mins of advert an hour(yes an exageration i know) but if im paying for tv why should i pay twice by having adverts?

as to f1 i suspect its all just bargining i doubt fota would want it going to a pay channel as it would reduce the people watching so sponsors would reduce what they pay teams and so on its lose lose for everyone but murdoch

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Yeah, and replace it with the Muroch tax at 5 times the price, adverts and no radio stations
    The BBC may not be perfect, but for approx £12 a month it's a very good service.
    But I rarely watch it and I certainly don't care for any of their radio stations. It should be a scambled signal. If you want it, you pay a subscription.

I don't want it, but still have to pay for it.

It's theft.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    But I rarely watch it and I certainly don't care for any of their radio stations. It should be a scambled signal. If you want it, you pay a subscription.

It's theft.
    I think it's worth £12pm just to have a relatively independant broadcaster that isn't Murdoch. Radio 4 is the other BBC gem.

Thank Post
    License fee is worth it just to wake up to Susannah in the mornings ;-D

5. Thanks to tommej from:

kevbaz (20th June 2011)

Thank Post

It's theft.
    i dont want to pay for london to have a good/cheap public transport system while up here we get naff all but i still have to

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    I've just read in the paper BBC are set to axe the £3m per race deal to show F1 next yeah so they can fund BBC4.

It would be a shame to do this but I'm also aware of the educational value of the content on BBC4. It's a tough one.

BBC have got decisions like this wrong before when they axed 24 as they were unwilling to pay the £10m for the next 2 series but then spent that amount on hiring Graham Norton and did nothing with him for 3 years!
    With the ratings of F1 going through the roof at the moment, I can not see why they would even consider it but according to Whitmarsh he believes it is just rumour. The BBC had released ratings of Canada and apparently they were better ratings then all the other channels put together. F1 has really become some thing exciting and even I find my self watching every grand prix and any information about it instead of skipping races because they are boring.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 867 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Massively incompetent journalism, full of errors has been pointed out and the F1 is currently enjoying viewing figures higher than Eastenders, Corry or any other soap you'd want to name. There is fat chance they will ditch it as just about anyone in F1 has confirmed. Would obviously like the BBC to confirm it themselves too but it's just funny. The Times have gone a little bit, well, Daily Mail.

Thank Post

It's theft.
    Disconnect your TV & don't pay your license then.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

It's theft.
    You don't have to pay for the TV license. Just don't own a TV.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Blog Entries
    But if you own a computer you can get access to iplayer etc and they get you that way.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    But if you own a computer you can get access to iplayer etc and they get you that way.

Not true

You do not need a television licence to catch-up on television programmes in BBC iPlayer, only when you watch or record at the same time (or virtually the same time) as it is being broadcast or otherwise distributed to the public.
    BBC iPlayer - Help - Do I need a TV licence to watch programmes on BBC iPlayer?

Thank Post
    the BBC's coverage of the F1 is infinitely better than it was on ITV, and thats why they recently won a Bafta i think for said coverage. I also always prefer the Football coverage on BBC1 over ITV and Sky. It just always seems more light hearted and watchable for me so for that and to keep it advert free i'm happy to pay a license fee.

Thank Post
    Cricket is one of the few sports that lends itself to commercial tv because they can slip an advert in between overs. ITV F1 was a nightmare.

Thank Post
    Why should i have to disconnect my TV? I use it for watching DVDs and playing XBOX and if you don't pay your license you get harassed by the licensing gestapo.

Buy a new TV or reciever? Have to fill in a form with your address so they can check that you have a license.

Scumbags.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 867 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not at all. You are perfectly able to have a TV will full reception capability as long as you can prove you don't use it to actually receive communications. Good way of doing so especially now is having a TV without a built in digital tuner - without a set top box, you have all the proof you need. No-one is being forced to watch TV or the F1, and you're not paying for the F1 directly. Just because one person doesn't like it doesn't mean they shouldn't have to pay for the entirity of someones programming.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast