+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, What did you do this fathers day? in General; My daughter took me out for a meal and bough me a beer. She's only 12. Dads ate free at ...

Thank Post
    My daughter took me out for a meal and bough me a beer. She's only 12. Dads ate free at Franky and Bennys. Brilliant day.

Thank Post
    I was woken at 6.10am by Isabel who'd toddled into the spare room (I have a cough so am in there), with "DADDY! Cuddle...AAAAAHHHHH!"..and a great big hug. Then I spent some time reading her stories until a sane time. Then we spent time in the garden with Flymo and pigpig (Rabbit and guinea pig) "cutting" the lawn, and Izzy helping her mum with the garden while I rehung the guttering (physics say water doesn't run uphill - nobody told the old owners..).

My mum came down at 10 to cut lawn #2 (knee high) with the heavy iron petrol mower, Izzy fell asleep on the lawn and was transferred to sofa. Once awake we went to Homebase and bought more house bits and lots of paint swatches, and went to see Grandmas #2 and #3, then home, more garden play, tea, bathtime, Isabel to bed and a soak in the spa bath.

Most relaxing..heh.

Thank Post
    According to my three, Father's Day is the day that I pick them all up, take them all out shopping and eating, and then they give me a card. Then I take them all back to their respective homes until next year.

I'm sure they've got things a**e-about-face, there, but they're admant they haven't.

Needless to say, with the younger ones in Spain with their mother, and the eldest at home with her two kids, and all three of them with kiddie-flu, I didn't do very much of anything. Listened to TMS, washed the kitchen-floor, vaccumed, did a couple of loads of washing and surfed about on the interweb and stuff.

All in all, a cheaper than normal, quieter than normal Father's Day.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    We enjoyed an excellent meal cooked by our youngest who's 15... Slow roast shoulder of lamb, potato gratin and asparagus followed by marmalade and pain au chocolat pudding (made like bread and butter pudding). He made it for me on mother's day and with dad home from his travels repeated it yesterday. No mean feat - he had to start cooking at 10am to have the lamb ready for 6pm.

It was very good

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We went to the next village for a village fat being held. Came back made dens with Son and played football (he had won a touch and brought a new football at the fate). Then took J over to grandparents to see and drop off presents for granddad. Then came back and went out for a fathers day meal.

Just how like fathers day spending it with the family having fun..

Thank Post
    I got quite upset, as all my friends changed their statuses to what they were doing with there Dads, changing there profile photos to ones with there dad in them, i sat at home wondering who my father even is, he left when i was about 3 when my sister was born who sadly died a few days after being born from a heart defect. Then my grandad called me from his house on Kefalonia (greece) telling me he was paying for me and the missus to come stay with him for a couple of weeks in summer as he missed having his family around which cheered me up because im going on holiday for the first time in 5years

7. Thanks to HaleStorm from:

SimpleSi (20th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Had a great fathers/Birthday yesterday... Dogs and burgers on the grill for lunch... Red Velvet Birthday cake... Great presents... and my 3 young ones having fun playing with Daddy...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I helped paint a shed pink. Nobody told me it was father's day. Where's my socks and chocolate?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    I will add it wasn't a malicious thing forgetting, my dad isn't a person that appreciates these things anyway, he moans at Birthdays, Christmas's and Fathers Days, never bothers opening his cards (mum usually does for him) and he's the worlds worst person to buy for (think like trying to feed @EduTech in London something other than McDonalds) and then you have the right idea of awkwardness. So far easier to just buy a curry for at night and go there ya go plus its less arguements, we don't get on that well at all so far safer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    We enjoyed an excellent meal cooked by our youngest who's 15... Slow roast shoulder of lamb, potato gratin and asparagus followed by marmalade and pain au chocolat pudding (made like bread and butter pudding). He made it for me on mother's day and with dad home from his travels repeated it yesterday. No mean feat - he had to start cooking at 10am to have the lamb ready for 6pm.

It was very good
    He was up at 10am
    No, sorry, that's just an impossibility for a 15 year old lad...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by difinity View Post
    My daughter took me out for a meal and bough me a beer. She's only 12. Dads ate free at Franky and Bennys. Brilliant day.
    Wish I had money last sunday and wish I had of known this !!

Maybe next year , eh

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    He was up at 10am
    No, sorry, that's just an impossibility for a 15 year old lad...
    I was more than a little surprised too

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12