+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Ceiling fell down, neighbours fault! Contents Insurance help! in General; Also I looked into the current TV's LG supply. To get my exact configuration I would either have to take ...

Thank Post
    Also I looked into the current TV's LG supply.

To get my exact configuration I would either have to take away a few specs (ones less HDMI slot and less screen resolution) Or get a better 3D enabled Plasma which does have the specs I had. Either way, there is no exact one. I did use all 3 of my HDMI slots, one for PC, PS3 and HD box. So I cant just have 2.

Thank Post
    the other thing you have to watch out for with like for like replacements is them sending you vouchers, i broke a fairly expensive camera, claimed it on my contents cover because i did it in the house, they tried to send me a voucher to buy a new camera, however they wanted to send me a voucher for 3/4 of the retail price of the broken camera, which was discontinued...i told them where to stick it because that wouldn't pay the cost of a new camera with matching specs. To which the call center puppet told me they couldn't offer me anymore, i asked for a manager to contact me, and the next day the manager rang up to offer me a voucher which would buy me not only the shiney new camera, but an extra lens, a bag and a memory card...he even waived the excess as an apology for his colleuges rudeness and unprofessionalism, so when they give you an offer do your best to tell them that its not good enough because sometimes you get more out of it.

Thank Post
    I'm no TV expert but I doubt you would need a 3D enabled TV, just maybe a different manufacture/model so long as you get at least the same spec as what you had previsouly. If yours no longer exists and it means the replacement is the next model up then that's what it has to be.

I wouldn't tell them everything about how it happened, but I wouldn't lie if asked. However as others have said you should be able to claim from your insurance and the insurance will claim from someone else if it is their fault.

Thank Post
    What about a Samsung 6series? they have all the gubbins you could want, 3/4HDMIs, full HD, USB socket for playing avi's/photos/mp3, plus they are pretty good looking aswell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12