+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Any Mondeo drivers out there? in General; @Dos_Box: The Passat highline 130bhp delivers comfort, mileage and space in one easy on the eye package. Great for the ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    @Dos_Box:

The Passat highline 130bhp delivers comfort, mileage and space in one easy on the eye package. Great for the kids (Game console will slip easy over the headrests and there is a socket to plug them into on the rear console).

Space is so huge in the boot even without the rear seats down, all your equipment will fit easily into it with room to spare (Sons large concert amp with 2 guitars and all his freshly washed clothes and food parcel).

Drive is impeccable and the safety (airbags all-round to protect you and yours) air con (Hot summer days) etc etc must I go on

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Peugeot = French = Bits fall off on UK Roads, especially roads around Yorkshire, Lancashire and Cumbria is all I can say (we had a Pug and it went back to the lease firm with 2 boxes of all the bits of trim etc that had dropped off it in 3 years hehe)

3. Thanks to john from:

bart21 (17th June 2011)

Thank Post
    To Quote Jeremy Clarkson:

"To buy a Passat is a bit like saying, i want a golf but can it be more expensive and a little bit worse, because thats what a Passat is a sh*t golf"

on a serious note i like the Passat, i also like the Mondeo, i would never ever touch a Peugeot, you could always get an older A3/A4 Audi (2004 A4 2 litre Diesel Audi for ~4k) or 3 Series BMW for the same price.

Also Vauxhall has 20% off there new cars at the moment. If you have a trade in you could potentially knock the price further down and buy a brand new Insignia.

EDIT

link to 20% off Vauxhall: http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/offers-fin...ar_offers.html
    Last edited by Flakes; 17th June 2011 at 09:36 AM.

Thank Post
    The 130bhp Mondeo has had many scare stories on the dual-mass flywheel. They are a bit prone to breaking, and it's expensive. Check for receipts if it's on high miles. Good car overall though.

The Passat is a good car. Bit dull, many drivers have the 'tailgating' option package, which enables the car to travel 0.3cm behind the car in front.

The 407 is okay, not really up to the other two. 406 was a good car in its day, especially the Coupe, so a shame. Dynamics are not as good as the Mondeo, and the build is not as good. Old man image too. Cheap though!

Thank Post
    Would a Skoda Superb be in budget?

I hear that they are indeed superb...

Also just realised that my earlier post was rather waffley without any real point to it... I think I got distracted! But what I meant to say is that having looked at 406s, Vectras, BMWs and such... I'd still be looking at a Mondeo if I wanted a bigger comfier car.

For now I'll be sticking with my MX5 and doing perms on the side though... until I need something a bit more sensible and then I'll be getting a Subaru Legacy!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They are, however they tend to be much higher milage and 3 years older than the others I'm looking at for a similar price. I had looked at them but discounted them for this reason, shame really.

Thank Post
    Ah - that's a shame. They have a nice wafty-bargeness to them.

Thank Post
    i agree with @john

I have a 307 and regularly loose bits of trim, i am expecting to be driving along and the doors fall off or something.

I would never again buy a pug.

just my 2p

nick

10. Thanks to bart21 from:

john (17th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks John/Bart. Considerign I live in Lancashire and Cumbria and Yorkshire are my next 2 biggest places to drive I'll skip on the Pug then. Back to Mondeos and Passats......

Thank Post
    Skoda Octavia is worth a shout

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123