+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Does anyone know anything about car audio or is a good auto electrician? in General; I have a Vauxhall Astra 2009 with a CD30 MP3 I have fitted a Bury CC9060 Music in it. When ...
    Thank Post

Does anyone know anything about car audio or is a good auto electrician?

I have a Vauxhall Astra 2009 with a CD30 MP3 I have fitted a Bury CC9060 Music in it. When I make a call or receive a call the radio mutes but I don't get any sound through my speakers. has anyone every had this problem or come across anything like this before. I have searched Google for hours on this but nothing so I thought id give it a blast here considering we all know little bits about everything.

Help very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex.

Thank Post
    what connector did you use to connect he burry to the stereo or have you used the phone in + mute on the back of the cd30?

Thank Post
    on my soundmax I have 2 volumes but I can only access the second volume during a call. I called my voicemail and turned up the volume, maybe yours is the same?

Thank Post
    I have used the sot-122 lead and have just used the tel mute.

Thank Post
    sound like the right lead...

assuming you diy fitted it did you run an always live feed to it ? and will it pass music to your stereo?

only reason i ask is that every search i run on the vauxhall forums i sometimes visit all point to problems with the bury and the cd30?

Thank Post
    yeah i did, and no it wont play music through the stereo.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexkelly View Post
    I have used the sot-122 lead and have just used the tel mute.
    There should be no issues with any car stereo if you're using a SOT lead to wire it in, as the hands free kit fits in-line with this cable. As the ISO plugs in the middle of the SOT lead are industry standard, the bury hands free kit should just plug in these, take the power etc. straight from the cable, and feed the sound directly to your speakers completely bypassing your car stereo. There's also no need to connect up the tel-mute lead as I believe it physically cuts the sound to the speakers. This is from reading on the internet for the last 5 minutes, although I have fitted a simelar hands free kits in the past that worked in the same way (although we're going back a few years now!)

Edit: The post above made the assumption you were using the the AC 5120 speaker switch box which I've just realised is optional. You should have more connections than just the tel-mute wire going to the stereo, there should be a wire for the sound running to an input on the rear of the stereo (if yours supports it.) The presence of a tel-mute cable doesn't not always mean it will have the input for the sound, as traditionally hands free kits are wired in with a dedicated speaker. I'm not familiar with that model of vauxhall stereo, so I can't tell you if it does have the necessary input on it. If it doesn't, then the AC 5120 speaker switch box will be what you require http://www.bury.com/cms/en/products/...ac-5120-2.html
    Last edited by maniac; 14th June 2011 at 03:21 PM.

Thank Post
    Do what i did... Soder them cable to cable... if your in devon theres a guy i know that does it for 20 pounds

Thank Post
    What website was you on to find out the info?

Thank Post
    What website was you on to find out the info?
    All over the place. The installation manual was handy http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/...CC_9060_EN.pdf

Thank Post
    is your cd30 the six button one or the 9 button one? as it'll work with one but with the other your going to need more bits.
    Andy

Thank Post
    I have this sorted now. After spending hours on it last night, what i thought to be the ignition live was actually part of the can bus (bloody modern cars). There is no ignition live at the back of the stereo its all controlled by can bus and boy was it hard to find an ignition live without having to take too much apart. Thanks for all your input anyway.

Thank Post
    I have this sorted now. After spending hours on it last night, what i thought to be the ignition live was actually part of the can bus (bloody modern cars). There is no ignition live at the back of the stereo its all controlled by can bus and boy was it hard to find an ignition live without having to take too much apart. Thanks for all your input anyway.
    Standards have changed I guess. Much easier in the old days when all you had was 4 wires. +ve, -Ve and 2 speakers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Not much use now but you can get CAN-BUS sensing ignition units, I got one for my Parrot CK3100 Handsfree for my new Tiguan, and its great, within about 30 seconds of starting the car the unit has detected the car has started and turns on the power to the Parrot, and within 3 minutes (in reality its about 30 seconds) of stopping the car it turns the power off and this just clipped onto the VW harness. It was included as part of a kit on eBay for fitting the Parrot (as my last car had ISO leads so just plug and play) but well worth having a look.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread