+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 Canadian Grand Prix in General; Well took us 4 and bit hours but we got to end. Certainly saved up the action to end of ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

F1 Canadian Grand Prix

Well took us 4 and bit hours but we got to end. Certainly saved up the action to end of the race for us..
    Last edited by russdev; 12th June 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Yeah, apart from I was watching it on record and they changed channel
    Got the final loap live though

Thank Post
    Good race. Nice to see Button take a well deserved win.

Thank Post
    I only saw the last lap as well as the missus wanted to watch Case Histories and was recording something else. Seems I missed a classic.

Thank Post
    Awesome drive by JB - from right at the back after all those incidents. Anybody else think that Seb was a little ungracious in the post-race interview though? He really hates not coming 1st doesn't he?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 811 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It was a cracking race. From the start I was cursing the FIA for obvious reasons - it didn't need to start behind the safety car, and F1 drivers do not need nannying in that way.
    Then as just about each and every driver was "investigated" for clear racing incidents I got more exasperated. I think they should NOT notify the audience of investigations unless there is a clear reason for needing to do so.
    Then the restart happens.
    WOW!
    What a cracking race from "start" to finish, culminating in a well deserved win from Jenson after Vettel finally cracks under the huge pressure piled on him from the charging Briton. Last to first, and not even in full race conditions is nothing to sneer about.

Yet again though I'm thoroughly annoyed to see people's reactions to Lewis Hamilton and instantly placing the blame on him for any incident they see. Those people need to stop watching F1. And yes, those people do include the 2 absolute morons Niki Lauda and Emerson Fitipaldi, however the latter gained a little more respect from me post-race after submitting such detailed reasoning behind the investigations. Lauda however, ignoring his previous career, has been constantly slamming Hamilton for his aggressiveness; leading to the comment after the race "If he doesn't calm down, he will kill someone".
    That is just plain wrong, and clearly he's ignoring a list of drivers longer than my arm that are as or more "dangerous" than Hamilton. Koboyaski. Schumacher. Senna. Alesi. Irvine. Sato. Katayama. Diniz. Plenty more.
    People are VERY quick to dismiss Hamilton yet the similarities to his childhood hero Senna are plentiful. People conveniently forget about Senna when they're slating Hamilton when they do exactly the same thing. The only difference is, one of them is dead.

Anyway, we saw plenty of action yesterday and it was more than worth the wait - I sat through all of it, including the 2 hour hiatus in the middle and haven't screamed and shouted at the screen in joy and despair so often in the same race. Button fully deserved the win, and I must admit I enjoyed seeing Alonso crash out. Shame though because that could have been an even more interesting fight, as opposed to Massa who couldn't even get himself past a HRT.

Oh, and I must say the marshalling at that race was dreadful - very disorganised, they didn't know what they were doing and then there was that idiot nearer the end who fell over, very nearly finding himself run over by an F1 car... They need serious training.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 13th June 2011 at 07:36 AM.

Thank Post
    I think Vettel was probably still very annoyed with himself but did I hear boos when he was presented with his trophy? You've got to love Mark Webber. Everything he does is good. His interview in the garage during the rain break was excellent. I suspect he has a future as a race commentator when he hangs up his boots.

Thank Post
    Never cheered an F1 victory as much in my life.

The finish was well worth the boring hour and a half rain suspension, where the cameraman was fawning over some annoying singer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    I think Vettel was probably still very annoyed with himself
    I think so - to lead a race for 69.5 laps of a 70 lap race and then come second must be soul destroying.

As to Lauda et al, it's pathetic.

Thank Post
    Never cheered an F1 victory as much in my life.
    I have, when Button one his first race in Hungary, beating MS. I was watching it in the bar of a small island in the Maldives with around 20 German divers. I got some very filthy looks when I leapt up cheering.

Thank Post
    Kobayashi doing a power slide.......awesome !

Thank Post
    It was a cracking advert for F1 yesterday, great race. I thought Button had made a deal with the man down under the way he was going - truly unbelievable driving. And the camera man who 'fell over' to get an up the skirt shot of Rihanna, and the guy who fell over then half got to his feet and fell over again, and when he eventually got to his feet (forcing one driver to go through the rubble in the process) he stood staring at a 2nd car before eventually thinking "perhaps I should move pronto". Then with Alonso crashing out, and the amount of puntures/front wing damage/pit stops/miscalculations just made it awesome!

Thank Post
    Watched it and loved it, had every emotion, foul language, cheering, going mental.....

I felt drained like a World Cup final (well qualifying matches for England).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Oh, and I must say the marshalling at that race was dreadful - very disorganised, they didn't know what they were doing and then there was that idiot nearer the end who fell over, very nearly finding himself run over by an F1 car... They need serious training.
    Not only the guy who fell over, but there was also the couple of times a yellow flag went up and nobody knew why - even the commentators were saying "we've got a yellow flag down in 1 & 2, and we have no idea why, we can't see anything to cause it"

Thank Post
    I was really please for Paul Di Resta getting up to 5th. Just a shame he had to be so unsure if he could take the Renault. I get the feeling he will be good at this style of racing as he was when he did the DTM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast