+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
General Chat Thread, Huzzah! 6 stitches today! in General; Just got back from A&E after putting my hand through a window. 2 xrays and 6 stitches later, I now ...
  1. #1

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838

    Huzzah! 6 stitches today!

    Just got back from A&E after putting my hand through a window. 2 xrays and 6 stitches later, I now have the fun of cleaning my room lol.

    IMAG0109 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! is a pic of the wound if anyone is interested... Not for the squeamish!!!

  2. #2


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,450
    Thank Post
    1,449
    Thanked 890 Times in 571 Posts
    Rep Power
    647
    Nasty, but could have been a lot worse. I really give the kids hell when I see them thumping into glass doors with their palms. I know the glass is toughened but one day it might not be.

    I hope it's not too painful for you.

  3. #3

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Nasty, but could have been a lot worse. I really give the kids hell when I see them thumping into glass doors with their palms. I know the glass is toughened but one day it might not be.

    I hope it's not too painful for you.
    Indeed it could've been. Its not too painful actually. Stings a bit but that's about it. The paramedics were worried I could've hit an artery or damaged tendons/nerves or something. Luckily not!

  4. #4

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,807
    Thank Post
    3,320
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Indeed it could've been. Its not too painful actually. Stings a bit but that's about it. The paramedics were worried I could've hit an artery or damaged tendons/nerves or something. Luckily not!
    Get the land lord to put a window in that has something to hold onto that won't cause you to slip and put your hand(s) through the window again ie a handle with a rubber grib or something to that effect ?

    Am sure once is more then enough to smash a window and there are better ways of smashing them ie a hammer

  5. #5
    CAM
    CAM is offline

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,190
    Thank Post
    839
    Thanked 374 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    284
    So how did your head end up through a window?

  6. #6

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So how did your head end up through a window?
    Lol, it was my hand.

  7. #7

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,636
    Thank Post
    683
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 1,159 Posts
    Rep Power
    353
    lucky you can operate a camera with your left hand and type fairly well one handed

    i know moving to an academy is bad, but really, there are better ways to cope with the stress.

  8. #8

    bossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,942
    Thank Post
    1,199
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    Rep Power
    330
    @localzuk:

    Could this be cause for a "claim" on the landlords insurance?

    Down to negligence on his behalf?

    Or is this your way of pointing out that the house needs a regular window cleaner?

    You seem to have come off very lightly, it could have been far worse as you have said, thankfully your arm is ok and you are non the worst for your endeavour.

  9. #9

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    lucky you can operate a camera with your left hand and type fairly well one handed

    i know moving to an academy is bad, but really, there are better ways to cope with the stress.
    Lol, luckily, I can operate a mouse and keyboard fine still, just nothing more strenuous.

    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @localzuk:

    Could this be cause for a "claim" on the landlords insurance?

    Down to negligence on his behalf?

    Or is this your way of pointing out that the house needs a regular window cleaner?

    You seem to have come off very lightly, it could have been far worse as you have said, thankfully your arm is ok and you are non the worst for your endeavour.
    Ah, i'm not a litigious type of person - its not done any real damage to me. I'll be happy for a new bit of glass and i'll ask for some handles to be added to the window too, and I'll rearrange my room a bit to make it easier for me to get to the window!

  10. #10

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,678
    Thank Post
    861
    Thanked 650 Times in 431 Posts
    Rep Power
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Lol, luckily, I can operate a mouse and keyboard fine still, just nothing more strenuous.

    Too much information

  11. #11

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Too much information
    Hahaha, by more strenuous, I mean 'carrying a shopping bag' or 'turning on a tap'.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Today I have mostly ...
    By soveryapt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23rd July 2010, 03:57 PM
  2. Today I will be mostly....
    By mattx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th June 2010, 01:01 PM
  3. What I did today..
    By Gatt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12th March 2010, 08:43 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •