+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Looking for a large digital radio controlled wall clock for exams in General; First, FFS. Kids can't use an analogue clock? What is the world coming too? They will need someone following them ...

Thank Post
    First, FFS. Kids can't use an analogue clock? What is the world coming too? They will need someone following them around all their lives telling them to eat, breath, and what time it is!

Secondly, and rather more on topic, we are having heaps of trouble with radio clocks at the moment. They refuse to reset, and we've even got one running 1/4 hour (sorry 0.25 hours) out. No idea what's going one! Is radio an exam board requirement?

Thank Post
    i really don't think they need a large digital clock. I would find it very distracting. Just put normal sized ones around the room and for those students who you know are very shortsighted, just make sure they either have a watch with them, or lend them one.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Is radio an exam board requirement?
    I doubt it is a requirement but it is much easier (when they work) than trying to synch a bunch of standard clocks and then change them from BST to GMT & back each year.

Thank Post
    First, FFS. Kids can't use an analogue clock? What is the world coming too? They will need someone following them around all their lives telling them to eat, breath, and what time it is!
    I did mention earlier that the conversion between analogue and digital is difficult for dyslexic pupils. Our board showing the end times of the exams is obviously shown in digital. And we dont tell them when to eat, breathe etc.

Secondly, and rather more on topic, we are having heaps of trouble with radio clocks at the moment. They refuse to reset, and we've even got one running 1/4 hour (sorry 0.25 hours) out. No idea what's going one! Is radio an exam board requirement?
    JCQ states:

A reliable clock must be visible to each candidate in the examination room. The clock must be big enough for all candidates to read clearly.
    Advice: You should carry out regular checks to make sure all clocks used in the examination room are in good working order and show the same time.

We have chosen to use radio clocks as they are positioned high up in our exam hall and would need a ladder to reach if they needed to be reset. Our analogue radio clocks work ablsolutely fine and are synchronised. We already have 2 positioned in our exam hall.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parentpages View Post
    i really don't think they need a large digital clock. I would find it very distracting. Just put normal sized ones around the room and for those students who you know are very shortsighted, just make sure they either have a watch with them, or lend them one.
    The analogue ones are large so that they can be read easily from anywhere in the exam hall - its a large hall. All I would like is a reasonably priced digital version of the same. Thanks anyway.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    We project up an Exam Program I found on the internet which is a webpage that you host locally, open in Firefox (doesn't work in IE for some reason now) and you can enter the exam details and it counts down, changes colour, has a digital clock on it and shows 25% extra time and counts that down at the same time and shows 50% extra time Second time of using, first time in the main exam room (last time was a rush OMG we need a big clock in this area time) and its been great and well received
    @john have you still got this software? Can you post a link to the software as this has just cropped up here due to kids being unable to tell the time on an analogue clock.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSapseid View Post
    @john have you still got this software? Can you post a link to the software as this has just cropped up here due to kids being unable to tell the time on an analogue clock.....
    I'm no longer at the school so unable to, however @silver_uk maybe able to assist you as he still is

Thank Post
    How To Add Live Web Pages to a PowerPoint Presentation

We use it on all our display boards, can easily use it to display an atomic clock.

The other one we use for exams is AutoDateTime but it's not free

OfficeOne: AutoDateTime

Andrew

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Hi John - Yes still here (for now - don't ask)...
    I can dig out the program if I knew where to start

Thank for the mention mate.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_uk View Post
    Hi John - Yes still here (for now - don't ask)...
    I can dig out the program if I knew where to start

Thank for the mention mate.
    Oh Dear.

Its the exam clock program that I modded for Exams to have the centre number in etc... Remember it (you maybe don't use it now) but was on them Exam Laptops and I think in the P Exams or Staff Admin Exams folder?

If you can find it and unsure how to mod out our details if you zip it up and email me where you have put the examclock folder I'll mod them out and re-host and post it

Thank Post
    @Linux_Nut beat me to it. I wanted a POE clock a while back but they were $400 each!

I have seen radio clocks go slow and have totally the wrong time. I have 3 different radio clocks.
    Analogue ones are the coolest as the arm spins round when setting the time.

Thank Post
    My headteacher brought this back from BETT:

www.examinvigilator.com

Might be worth a look

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12