+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Bluesocket in General; I have just had a chat with a guy from bluesocket and i have requested a trial.. I am just ...

Thank Post

Bluesocket

I have just had a chat with a guy from bluesocket and i have requested a trial..

I am just wondering what you guys think of it? How does it compare to its competitors etc.?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    @Ric_ has Bluesocket, he loves it as far as I know but its VERY expensive compared to Ruckus, talk to @MarkPower from Net Ctrl who are a forum sponsor they sell both Ruckus and BlueSocket

3. Thanks to john from:

MarkPower (8th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    @Ric_ has Bluesocket, he loves it as far as I know but its VERY expensive compared to Ruckus, talk to @MarkPower from Net Ctrl who are a forum sponsor they sell both Ruckus and BlueSocket
    Thanks for the intro John, have to say we no longer sell Bluesocket due to the issues we found over support with them only working in the US hours when ever help was needed, also very slow RMA process if a unit was to become faulty which did not asisst the UK at all, we also found the growing costs of the equipment not competative for the Education market and based on that have now converted our existing customers over to Ruckus which has not only saved them money but reduced ap's in most cases.

I support that Bluesocket has some great features and is more than just a wifi system and the VM options is also a cleaver move and something I think we will see more doing, but only works in some clients sites and still needs to price sensitive in todays market place., however features are only good if needed and most people are after Wifi that is why they ask which wifi solution and not one that is also a firewall etc.

I also know that Rick would move to Ruckus if I made it FREE (afraid he has a long wait I am sorry to say....sorry Rick you need to find some pennys.)

I am more than happy to offer a competative trial of the Ruckus equipment to you Liam, we can compliment the conversation by going through comparisons of the Ruckus / Bluesocket kit and aid in your decision and trial if that would be helpful. Just drop me an email mark.power@net-ctrl.com or call 01473 281211 and I will help all you need when you are ready.

Kind Regards

Mark

Thank Post
    @MarkPower It's no slight on the BlueSocket kit.... I would have anything if it was FREE. The BlueSocket kit I have is cracking and has more features than a pointy stick can be waved at - it is expensive mind. I think the new kit is going in a slightly different direction to the BlueSecure controller that I have but I'm happy to talk about my experiences.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    he's right he would have anythig that is Free :-) don't blame him though so would most of us :-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread