+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, EduGeek Conference 2011 Story! Blog Post in General; Hi All, I have just added the last bit to the Blog Post I have done which covers the 3 ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

EduGeek Conference 2011 Story! Blog Post

Hi All,

I have just added the last bit to the Blog Post I have done which covers the 3 days, quite brief in some sense but contains plenty of information for you to have a read of.

The session presentations have been added for you whom did not manage to get them from the Adobe Connect Live Stream.

I have posted a link up there also to the Images that Ric_ has placed on Flicker for you all to have a browse through.

Story covers both nights out also!

EduTech Blog Post - EduGeek Conference 2011 in Preston

I have added links back to the Exhibitors websites also. If they want to be removed or/ changed just post below or drop me a PM.

Have a nice read, let me know if there are any issues.

Hope it helps,

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 4th June 2011 at 10:04 PM.

2. Thanks to EduTech from:

Butuz (6th June 2011)

Thank Post
    typo - dos-bos

4. Thanks to irsprint84 from:

EduTech (4th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irsprint84 View Post
    typo - dos-bos
    Oops, Thanks.. Updated.

James.

Thank Post
    Nice read.

Oh, but:

<post link to email from edushades here>

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Nice read.

Oh, but:
    I am waiting for @GrumbleDook to forward it too me! :P

Thank Post
    S'fair enough I just interpreted

I have just added the last bit to the Blog Post I have done
    as though you'd finished.

No worries though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ouch! just can't please some people can you!... It was not written to be put on some major magazine or news site! I'm not a Pro when it comes to typing up articles it's just there as a general technical summary of the day itself with the some of the content and the added social update.

Comment posted by someone on Blog post:
    Possibly the dullest and most badly written article I have read! Really doesn’t help the image of IT professionals at all. Sounds like a group of very sad people so typical of the geek image which I for one don’t conform to!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "Sheppard" ... Just so you know.

And here is the message from @EduShades
    I'm so sorry I can't make it today, as I am still enjoying my travels in the wide blue yonder. I hope to meet up with EduGod and co when they hit Philly later in the year.

It has been a fun year for me, travels around the Med, back to London where I missed my Master, a trip up to Scotland, then to the Middle East, a dash through China, sunny myself with friends on Bondi Beach and now in the US. I would love to tell you where but there are some blokes standing around *looking all 'Matrix-y' with shades and ear pieces. They keep asking me about my H4><0r friends at EduGeek and fighting the war on terror and destroying those trying to oppress the masses ... Why they have a problem with RM I really don't know!

I hope to see you all soon as I have had the offer of a trip to Canada soon ... And I might be able to send a short video next time.

As a final apology I must ask you all to be nice to my Master ... It has been a hard year for him as I have been enjoying myself. I know he has a new pair of sunglasses ... But he beer wears them so he must be feeling guilty. So that he remembers me I have sent a few presents to my good friend Grumbledook.

These have been picked up on my travels in Scotland and China ... I hope they help James learn to relax.

I am also sending over a special friend I met in Aus. I hope he looks after my girlfriend as she is special to me.

Take care and I hope you have all had a good day.

EduShades
    I know he has taken to heart a comment from James about not writing ... And I have a feeling @EduShades might be a bit more talkative then he has been in the last 12 months.

11. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

EduTech (4th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    "Sheppard" ... Just so you know.
    Updated!

Aha! Thanks for uploading the letter! :P It makes me smile every time!... yay!

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Ouch! just can't please some people can you!... It was not written to be put on some major magazine or news site! I'm not a Pro when it comes to typing up articles it's just there as a general technical summary of the day itself with the some of the content and the added social update.
    Possibly the dullest and most badly written article I have read! Really doesn’t help the image of IT professionals at all. Sounds like a group of very sad people so typical of the geek image which I for one don’t conform to!
    Comment posted by someone on Blog post:
    And moaning behind a fake Tinternet name is definitely not typical of the stereotypical sad geek with an axe to grind? Don't worry mate ... it was a good blog post of someone's experience of the whole event, including the social side (quite important as we are a community based site / group!)

14. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

EduTech (4th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @EduTech:

Take heart my young friend as you will always have those people who are totally anal RE: AConcernedITguy who doesn't conform to being a "Geek" well all I can say to that is "bully for you" for being a totally insipid anal T**T.

I think you captured the spirit of the conference as a whole and put it across in your own words and for those of us who know you it sums it up well.

A great conference followed by a great night and I for certain will be attending next year, well done the EduGeek team and all those who subscribe to it.

16. Thanks to bossman from:

EduTech (4th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    ....I have added links back to the Exhibitors websites also. If they want to be removed or/ changed just post below or drop me a PM.
    Think might of missed one...

Russell

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Think might of missed one...

Russell
    Oops! My Bad.. Sorry Mate I followed the list I had and as it was last minute with yourselves It just forgot to come to mind. Will update now! hehe

@bossman @GrumbleDook Thank you Mate! very kind words.. onwards and upwards ay! the muppet did not even leave a valid email it was something like Fred @ Hotmail . com ? :/

Thanks for those whom replied on blog too hehe! It does help even if he don't read it.. to show that it does actually get appreciated by people!

James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No problem James at all..

Also commented on blog but wanted to say here.. As most of admins/ex-admins will tell you you learn to let comments ride over you. As said I have been called some quite nasty stuff over years due to peoples perception of me from my work I do in public arena. Don't let it get you down keep up the good work,

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    without taking this thread off topic... and i don't want to start a huge argument but response for the concerned person:

Thanks for the comments. I've read a great deal of the content on Edugeek in the past. While some of it is useful I think it would serve your cause better (and present you as IT professionals) if you realised your job in the organisations you work for is to support people rather than just slag off teachers or indeed any other person who doesn't seem to treat you with God like reverence. If you read some of the posts and evaluate them objectively all the seem to say is "aren't we so much better than those idiot users."

I am shocked at some of the attitudes displayed by people who then go on to bemoan the unprofessional attitudes of others in their school/college. It does somewhat spoil what could be a very useful resource.

For the record I have worked in educational IT for many, many years and I can honestly say if my teams had displayed some of the sentiments expressed on your forum they would have been unemployed and very quickly!
    I would not mind if the person at least shown who he was, if there is really an issue he can see surely it is much better to discuss openly then hide. At least the IP Address get's logged on Wordpress.

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 5th June 2011 at 12:32 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast