+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, What are you doing tomorrow? in General; So everyone will be gone by October 21st? Great. First time in ages my birthday has been on a Saturday ...
    Thank Post
    So everyone will be gone by October 21st? Great. First time in ages my birthday has been on a Saturday and everyone will be gone the day before...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    I'm wondering how this thing works over times zones ? Will we get a heads up first as it takes place in the USA to start with ? - it will give me extra time to prepare.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I'm wondering how this thing works over times zones ? Will we get a heads up first as it takes place in the USA to start with ? - it will give me extra time to prepare.....
    Yep. Imagine the Genesis device in Star Trek III. Only backwards. And slower.

Thank Post
    This bits brilliant!

An atheist and entrepreneur from North Hampshire, Bart Centre, is enjoying a boost in business for Eternal Earth-bound Pets, which he set up to look after the pets of those who believe they will be raptured.

He has more than 250 clients who are paying up to $135 (£83) to have their pets picked up and cared for after the rapture.

They would be disappointed twice, he told the Wall Street Journal. "Once because they weren't raptured and again because I don't do refunds."
    Would anyone over here be quite as gullible? if so pm me an I'll do the same deal, edugeek discount availilble
    Last edited by Jamman960; 20th May 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Thank Post
    How silly all this is and how foolish are those who propagate this deception. The return of Christ has been predicted, unsuccessfully, many times before, by all sorts of cults, cult leaders and sadly also those who claim to be Christians. What makes them think this time will be any different. Have they learned nothing from history? Have they learned nothing from the Word of God Himself?

If they actually read their bibles, they would find the truth written so plainly ("No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father..... so you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him" Matt. 24:36,44).

Perhaps the reason the truth is obscured from them is because they do not know the One who IS the truth (Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life." John 4:16)

All this serves to do is to cloud and obscure the real issue, which is not one of timing, but of readiness. "So you must also be ready".

We can have a bit of a laugh at these kind of proclamations, but the REAL truth is more serious. One day Jesus will return to judge the earth as king of kings and Lord of Lords. We do not know when that day will be. Are you ready for it?

Those who know Jesus as their Saviour can look forward to some day meeting him as their friend and king. Those who reject him will meet him as their judge. The everlasting life that Jesus brings is free for all who will accept the forgiveness he offers. How will you meet him on that day?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12