+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, eBuyer sucks! (my personal opinion) in General; I've not had an issue with them to be honest. I've ordered quite a bit and there the first place ...

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    I've not had an issue with them to be honest. I've ordered quite a bit and there the first place I normally go to for personal IT purchases favouring them if prices are even slightly more expensive than other suppliers.

Thank Post
    my only issue recently is delivery if youre cheap like me they just wait a week then send it next day whats the point of that?

Thank Post
    They are the only company we have chew purchasing from, they've lost a lot of business because of this
    Scan do a similar thing with delivery, next day delivery is applied to the day its sent - so if you buy on monday and gets shipped thursday - it's technically next day if you get it friday....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    To be fair... a lot of companies have restocking fees for products you're returning unwanted or where the order was your mistake.
    Looks like i was mistaken on 2 out of three:
    E-plenish.com
    "The goods must be unopened, with the manufacturers seals intact and in perfect re-saleable condition All goods returned in these circumstances (except where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 13) will be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee of E-PLENISH's sale price for the goods."
    novatech.co.uk
    "The seller reserves the right to make a handling and restocking charge of 25% on goods which are returned if they were ordered in error or are no longer required."
    misco.co.uk
    "The Goods must be unopened, with the manufacturers’ seals intact and in perfect re-saleable condition. All Goods returned in these circumstances will not be subject to a re-stocking fee."
    Last edited by flewitt; 11th October 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Thank Post
    I stopped using them purely on price, I simply found other suppliers were cheaper and had less silly delivery charges.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This article popped up on the BBC today, interestingly: BBC News - Online retailers told to change websites by OFT
    Among the most common problems found by the OFT were retailers wrongly telling their customers that returned goods must be in their original packaging or in their original condition.

The OFT explained that this could be in breach of the buyer's right to inspect or assess a product.
    I wonder if "You can cancel an order within seven working days in most cases (longer for financial products) and get a full refund" makes restocking fees illegal as well?

Thank Post
    I use them occasionally, mainly I use CCL for personal purchases or BT Business / CCC Schoolcare for work. Generally I have found that Ebuyer is fine and everything sails through, or it is a 5 phone calls a day [derp] up. No middle ground.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123