+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Just got my shiny new EEEPad in General; Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like that, I imagine you're 100% correct, I was going by what ...

Thank Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like that, I imagine you're 100% correct, I was going by what someone had told me on xda. Chinese whispers of android gossip!

But everything I hear is balanced by my own problem of not being able to wait for the latest bit of kit! As i imagine it is with all of us

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cryan View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like that, I imagine you're 100% correct, I was going by what someone had told me on xda. Chinese whispers of android gossip!

But everything I hear is balanced by my own problem of not being able to wait for the latest bit of kit! As i imagine it is with all of us
    i diddnt take it that way lol. Oh internet Chinese whispers lol always fun. Ideally yes id like 3.1 as soon as google released it to manufacturers and it does bug me that the colonials (both sets lol) seem to of got the update first (im wondering if because we got the tab itself before a lot of places there are more out there in the uk and they are protecting the infrastructure from a mass hit) but a few days i can cope with after the first non stock rom on my android phone was a disaster (wouldnt do texts and battery life was down to about 24 hours of minimal user)

Thank Post
    update is out now but does seem to make the keyboard a lot laggy

Thank Post
    To the quote - Are you rooted? and did you use ClockWork Recovery to do it (This is what I used), I've heard of a number of WW who were unable to to or had problems with gmail after when they weren't rooted and no used clockwork recovery.

For me I wanted 3.1 as soon as possible,if you took to my other half she knows i'm impatient with technologly. But I've taken backups and restored a number of times, the minue that the WW one comes out i'm going to restore to 3.0 and upgrade normally. Until then i'm going to enjoy the early release.

To the post above, The rest of the world appears to of recieved the 3.1 Today, Hopefully ours should be here within the next hours, however i'd wait a day or two to get root.

In general though I've found the transformer alot more smooth in performance since upgrading - even with overclocking previously.

I am wondering what the average battery life people get out of it. - I'm averaging 20+ish hours with heavy use of constant web browsing with the ocassional video. (Including a fully charged dock)
    Non-rooted here, but full WW3.1 update is out now. Seems smoother, proxy support and scable widgets is handy.

I've not got the dock as it wasnt out when I got mine, ordered it direct from Asus yesterday.

Battery varies for me, anywhere between 12 hours if streaming, but normally about 2 days casual use.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've had my new EEE Pad for a week and I am very impressed. It's very responsive, the screen is excellent and it had great battery life. When the app situation improves it will be an iPad beater I feel.

Thank Post
    been looking at these for our i.t teachers but am i right in saying there is no Windows 7 version out and its Android only?

Thank Post
    yup from asus its android only it might be possible to hack it and install another os (i think ive heard of ppeople running various linux distos on them)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    yup from asus its android only it might be possible to hack it and install another os (i think ive heard of ppeople running various linux distos on them)

As said above it is only android - and people have only just managed to get Linux running on it

Check out the Asus Transformer section of Xda Developers forum.

Asus are planing a Windows Variable of the Tablet (alot more powerful) but they are planing at retailing 900+!

Still loving mine - using SplashtopHD (similar to Logmein etc) to remote the teaching computer in the room i'm in to control the Promethean software, monitor students etc.... Just wish I'd convinced the school to buy it for me.

Thank Post
    As said above it is only android - and people have only just managed to get Linux running on it

Check out the Asus Transformer section of Xda Developers forum.

Asus are planing a Windows Variable of the Tablet (alot more powerful) but they are planing at retailing 900+!

Still loving mine - using SplashtopHD (similar to Logmein etc) to remote the teaching computer in the room i'm in to control the Promethean software, monitor students etc.... Just wish I'd convinced the school to buy it for me.
    think the windows pad was out first its the eeepad slate iirc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    think the windows pad was out first its the eeepad slate iirc

True, I was thinking of the next generation

ASUS Eee Slate EP121 12.1" Windows 7 Tablet (i5, 2GB, 32GB SSD) Deals, #EP121-1A019M - Expansys.com UK

Thank Post
    I set one of these up for a client a couple of weeks ago. It's the first gadget in a very long time that I used and thought 'I must own one of these now.' I liked everything about it.

I haven't bought one yet though due to penury.

Thank Post
    so - does this support any kind of stylus on the touch screen? and what kind of app would suit drawing circles and lines?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123