+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Just got my shiny new EEEPad in General; Originally Posted by Theblacksheep What keyboard are you using? I found the asus one to be slightly laggier than the ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    What keyboard are you using? I found the asus one to be slightly laggier than the std one (keyboard button in bottom when keyboard up to choose), although asus one has numbers at the top, which is handy.

Most i've had is 4 days not using it much, but it'll go about 10 hours of constant use.

Constantly cleaning it tho.
    im using the physical keyboard at the moment which lags when typing into google search or market search. when i do use the on screen one its the asus one i think (as you say, with numbers on top).

**edit**
    have just changed to the std keyboard and can touch type on it about as fast as i can on the pc. slight mis-spellings here and there but i can definitely get a good speed up. wouldn't be possible with the asus one as it would prbably kick in the swype facility if you go too fast.
    Last edited by MK-2; 17th May 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think the Transformer is going to be my next big purchase. I just need to find a buyer for my Samsung NC10 to help fund it.

So if anyone wants a decent cheap netbook in very good condition, let me know:

Samsung NC10:
    1.6Ghz Atom CPU
    1Gb DDR2 RAM
    160Gb HDD
    B/G Wifi
    10.1 inch screen
    Webcam
    Windows XP (Recovery Partition) - It runs Windows 7 well though.

PM if anybody is interested.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    im using the physical keyboard at the moment which lags when typing into google search or market search. when i do use the on screen one its the asus one i think (as you say, with numbers on top).
    Not got the keyboard, yet, no transforming for me.... I must send asus some money!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not got the keyboard, yet, no transforming for me.... I must send asus some money!
    the keyboard is definitely a good purchase. it has function keys for home and back, along with keys to control brightness, open settings and lock the device. it could definitely be replacing my eeepc. the only thing is i like having the windows 7 option on the eeepc so that might stay at home as a backup device

Thank Post
    Similar to others Ordered the bundle from Comet Last week to arrive Saturday - ParcelForce mucked up but it Arrived Yesterday, Certainly a lovely piece of kit, I'd eyed up the Xoom before the release of the TF101.

The Keyboard is worth it... The ability just to plug in a datastick or to quickly charge it via the base... Let alone sending long boring work related emails.

My partner as always... impressed by what I had bought myself... went out bought herself one. My only annoyance as a continuing android fan is the lack of inbuilt Proxy support as i'm sure is with the rest of you when at work.... and I just don't fancy rooting it yet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cryan View Post
    Similar to others Ordered the bundle from Comet Last week to arrive Saturday - ParcelForce mucked up but it Arrived Yesterday, Certainly a lovely piece of kit, I'd eyed up the Xoom before the release of the TF101.

The Keyboard is worth it... The ability just to plug in a datastick or to quickly charge it via the base... Let alone sending long boring work related emails.

My partner as always... impressed by what I had bought myself... went out bought herself one. My only annoyance as a continuing android fan is the lack of inbuilt Proxy support as i'm sure is with the rest of you when at work.... and I just don't fancy rooting it yet.
    proxy support is part of 3.1 aparantly

http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...ost/12015.html
    Last edited by sted; 17th May 2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added link

7. Thanks to sted from:

cryan (18th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    proxy support is part of 3.1 aparantly

Android 3.1 Gives Motorola XOOM Performance Boost
    Thanks for the link, I hadn't been following 3.1

Aw Man, I hate it when they say Upcoming Days... It normally translates to a month!

Thank Post
    US 8.4.4.5 (3.1 update) leaked over weekend. OTA 3.1 update tomorrow morning according to asus.

changelog: [INFO] Firmware update (FOTA) changelog - xda-developers

Thank Post
    Been running the Rooted US leak since release on my WW TF101, I quite like the the additional features however no sign of Proxy support, which is quite sad, the ability to resize widgets is very useful and video playback is alot better now.

Thank Post
    Been running the Rooted US leak since release on my WW TF101, I quite like the the additional features however no sign of Proxy support, which is quite sad, the ability to resize widgets is very useful and video playback is alot better now.
    apparently (taken from a zoom tab)

Users can now configure an HTTP proxy for each individual Wi-Fi access point, by touch-hold of the access point in Settings. The browser uses the HTTP proxy when communicating with the network over the access point and other apps may also choose to do so. Android 3.1 also provides backup and restore of the user-defined IP and proxy settings. The platform adds support for Preferred Network Offload (PNO), a background scanning capability that conserves battery power savings in cases where Wi-Fi needs to be available continuously for long periods of time.

12. Thanks to sted from:

cryan (31st May 2011)

Thank Post
    I stand Corrected!

Just found it. As you say if you hold down over an access point and his Modify you're now greeted with a dropdown menu for Proxy Settings - None or Manual which allows you to set an Ip and port and quite nicely also allows you to define items to bypass the proxy for!

Thank Post
    US_epad.8.4.4.5 wouldnt install on my WW version. tried renaming US to WW which picks up the update, but fails to install.

Thank Post
    US_epad.8.4.4.5 wouldnt install on my WW version. tried renaming US to WW which picks up the update, but fails to install.
    uk version should be available fota tomorrow so personally id wait a day

Thank Post
    To the quote - Are you rooted? and did you use ClockWork Recovery to do it (This is what I used), I've heard of a number of WW who were unable to to or had problems with gmail after when they weren't rooted and no used clockwork recovery.

For me I wanted 3.1 as soon as possible,if you took to my other half she knows i'm impatient with technologly. But I've taken backups and restored a number of times, the minue that the WW one comes out i'm going to restore to 3.0 and upgrade normally. Until then i'm going to enjoy the early release.

To the post above, The rest of the world appears to of recieved the 3.1 Today, Hopefully ours should be here within the next hours, however i'd wait a day or two to get root.

In general though I've found the transformer alot more smooth in performance since upgrading - even with overclocking previously.

I am wondering what the average battery life people get out of it. - I'm averaging 20+ish hours with heavy use of constant web browsing with the ocassional video. (Including a fully charged dock)

Thank Post
    To the post above, The rest of the world appears to of recieved the 3.1 Today, Hopefully ours should be here within the next hours, however i'd wait a day or two to get root.
    im just repeating what asus say on facebook / (t)witter

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast