+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Too quiet..... in General; Busy doing nothing ... not. Cleaned car (just the one), did a bit of eBaying, took dog for walk around ...
    Thank Post

Re: Too quiet.....

Busy doing nothing ... not. Cleaned car (just the one), did a bit of eBaying, took dog for walk around Westonbirt Arboretum, did washing & ironing, car boot sale this morning (buying, not selling) and will have another go at connecting up fuel flow input for new trip computer in the car tomorrow.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by stephenleak
    & ironing
    Everyone run! It's grumbledook in hiding!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt
    Yikes! :? Didn't know that..

How many people though are gonna abide by that???
    The problems will come when you sell the house. You may rememberm or may not, that they changed the structured wiring colours from Black, Red and copper to Blue, Brown and copper (this is in the solid main stucture wiring not fly leads) this is the quickest way of showing that work has been done since the new rules, its not 110% gurenteeable as you may have used flexi cabling and that has been these harmonised colours for many years now, but if its solid core then your busted, so its quite clever of the rule makers to change the colours, and makes it instantly recognisable if they job is before or after Part P regs.

So there we go my useless lesson for the day.

I must admit the DIY stores really don't make it clear about these new rules and the home owner, they have little stickers in B&Q but they are so small and useless no-one will read them.
    Only just moved in a few months ago and with a kid on the way i doubt we'll be selling it any time soon

The wiring was all the current Blue(N), Brown(L) and Green/Yellow(E) - so everything was fine there - My wiring is sound but still needs finishing off (proper waterproofing - tho not a major issue as its connected to the Ring main via a plug via a plug in RCD) - just as well as its pissing down today (as a result its unplugged and wont be getting reconnected till i check that everything is dry!!)

Thank Post

Just had 5 days in Torremolinos and yes it was sunny despite reports to the contary.
    Then had most surreal weekend ever - my nephews wedding - in the company of my sister (his mum) her 2 ex husbands and current partner, my 80 year parents were so confused as to who they should talk to that they ended up drinking too much wine with my sister's two ex mother in laws and insisted I took a photo of them altogether. Ended up after the do at husband number 2's house watching cricket, until summonsed by sister to her house to have drinks with her and current partner.
    The only person to profit from the do was the wedding photographer who had so many different family groups to photo he must be planning his retirement!

Thank Post

I was always under the impression that if you wanted to run electrical cabling outside it needed to be arctic cable so that it doesnt crack when the frost and ice comes? But mind you, when i read the DIY book i was 15 (light reading you understand) so i could well be mistaken.

I woke up on sunday and looked at the pile of assignments that need to be done (including a CCNA case study) and thought better of it, donned my sunglasses and shorts and went out on my bike. I did the same this morning, but didnt need the sunglasses as was overcast. Then it started spitting (everybody in!! in a true peter kay reference).

Thank Post

Been giving my opinion on various wedding dresses to my better half (her words ) as well as installing security lights, and various other tasks designed to indicate that our cars and house are not good options for various toe rags. Seems they didn't get the message last week when one tried to get in while I was watching Messiah3.

Glad my guard cats were on the ball and prodded me to check the door.

But back on topic... learning the ins and outs of phpBB3 so I can recode my mods to work with it when it comes out

Thank Post

Why is it I feel guilty when I post on Edugeek in the holidays?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by sqdge
    Why is it I feel guilty when I post on Edugeek in the holidays?
    Just goes to show how much work the kids make for you when they are there! (or is that the teachers?)

It's good to participate in a community like EduGeek when you have a slack 5 mins - help others and they will help you!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by contink
    Been giving my opinion on various wedding dresses to my better half (her words )
    Check out http://www.cheap-chic-weddings.com/w...test-2006.html :-)

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by srochford
    Been giving my opinion on various wedding dresses to my better half (her words )
    My other half thanks you from the bottom... of her heart Quite a useful site and we're looking at ways to reduce the costs so all good.. thanks

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by srochford
    My other half thanks you from the bottom... of her heart Quite a useful site and we're looking at ways to reduce the costs so all good.. thanks
    I, too, found the site very useful. Now all I need is someone to marry.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123