+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, Primary school job in General; Originally Posted by nathan ...but remember that some of the schools only have about 3 class's. Mainly in the remote ...

Thank Post

Re: Primary school job

Quote Originally Posted by nathan
    ...but remember that some of the schools only have about 3 class's. Mainly in the remote village's of leicestershire. They dont really need a full time techy...
    Both of my schools have six year groups each with two classes. On top of that there is nursery and reception in both schools. I've never known a primary school to only have about three classes? That seems odd to me lol.

So how many people other then yourself go around all those schools? It still seems an enormous amount. The worst I heard of before was my network manager who works for an organisation that makes him go around 9 primary schools and does everything to do with IT in those schools (talk about mad rush). He does it by himself apart from the two I work in. I think the two I work for are the biggest, hence their employment of me. It takes a portion of his workload away from him and they get much more done as I can spend half a week at each school but he could only only give half a day.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by _Bat_
    34 Primary Schools
    I have to laugh every time I see that
    think it might be 1 or 2 more now, but remember that some of the schools only have about 3 class's. Mainly in the remote village's of leicestershire. They dont really need a full time techy. So we can help that way. Just pee's me of with EMBC charging the same £6000ish for the small schools.

Thats a point, anyone in this area know if they won the contract again?

Sorry to go off topic.
    3 some of them have 2 classes yes there are some out of the ways primary schools in Leicestershire...

Russell

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by _Bat_
    ...but remember that some of the schools only have about 3 class's. Mainly in the remote village's of leicestershire. They dont really need a full time techy...
    Both of my schools have six year groups each with two classes. On top of that there is nursery and reception in both schools. I've never known a primary school to only have about three classes? That seems odd to me lol.

So how many people other then yourself go around all those schools? It still seems an enormous amount. The worst I heard of before was my network manager who works for an organisation that makes him go around 9 primary schools and does everything to do with IT in those schools (talk about mad rush). He does it by himself apart from the two I work in. I think the two I work for are the biggest, hence their employment of me. It takes a portion of his workload away from him and they get much more done as I can spend half a week at each school but he could only only give half a day.
    theres about 6 of us including a trainer that we lend out to schools.

kerrymoralee9280

Hi, do you mind me asking where this school was? (The job in the initial post i mean)

Thank Post

Carr Manor primary school (Outside Leeds). They weren't struggling for someone as they do have the support of the high school which was pretty much next door!

And I have really landed myself in it as I got a letter through the post this mroning advising me I have been selected for interview at another primary school!! (Although this one is in a ICT team IIRC). Trouble is, I don't have a copy of the job description or anything as I had to apply on that day to ensure my application got to them before the closing date! (So I just sent in a standard template for the particular council)

kerrymoralee9280

Bummer, suppose the best you can do is go and try and blag your way through it. All the best anyways.

Thank Post

Question:

They want any certificates for any qualifications listed on my application, however a few (Such as Microsoft ones) have still not arrived yet and therefore all I have is the sheet printed at the end of a VUE exam. Would these be acceptable?

kerrymoralee9280

They would have to be, it's the best you can do.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234