+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Close call with a laser printer in General; Print Manager Plus has just saved the day for me. I was approached by our rather stressed marketing manager (there's ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts

Close call with a laser printer

Print Manager Plus has just saved the day for me.

I was approached by our rather stressed marketing manager (there's an open day tomorrow!) saying she was having trouble printing photographs. Most users are blocked from printing A4 pictures by PMP to preserve toners, but not the admin team, so I went to investigate.

As we went to the printer, she said she'd loaded the photo paper... erk!

I quietly explained that the photo paper had to be used in the inkjet printer next to where it's stored and that the laser would be damaged by using it. Our marketing manager is lovely, so I really couldn't get upset with her... just heave a sigh of relief that fate had prevented a more expensive problem! Phew!

The inkjet isn't managed by PMP as it's a local printer, so I think I'll leave the full page photo printing block for the time being!

Thank Post
    We had that last year. Got a call from Head of Art, asked if I could have a look at the remain of their HP.

Went over, and fuser and molt bits on it, and the smell of burning. She said she was only aware, when she heard her door slam, spun around to see one of the girls running away crying, and saw the smoke rising from the printer!

She had put through a sheet of acetate.. needless to say, cost a few pennies to repair.

Thank Post
    EIK! I stopped this happening last year .. thankfully through a "Andy, which way do I load this paper into the laser" when using some inkjet glossy paper ..

I don't think as yet *touch wood* that I've actually had anyone print to something they shouldn't .. and the art teacher has now bought some laser stock paper for final work .. phew ..

Thank Post
    I think in our case, the pupil had brought her own (inkjet) sheets... dont think she will again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread