+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Office 365 Charges in General; Hmm, we're toying with Google or MS for email and calendars I love Google calendar - wouldn't know when to ...

Thank Post

Office 365 Charges

Hmm, we're toying with Google or MS for email and calendars

I love Google calendar - wouldn't know when to brush my teeth if it wasn't for its helpfullness but...

we're a SEN school, all kids (and staff) are so used to MS and OWA (which we currently use or staff only)

I'd love to go to google, but MS woul dbe best - but is there a charge?
    i remember reading free for students but a cost for staff was a possibility?

Cheers peeps

Thank Post
    The Exchange side (email/calendar/tasks etc) is free along with Skydrive for both students and staff, it's only when you start adding the Sharepoint and Lync stuff that you have to pay.

3. Thanks to teejay from:

klop (9th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Cheers for that

i wonder though if it'll have the links to things we can't use though - with an annoying "upgrade now" or similar when clicked?

i do like the thought of google docs then i guess - i'm assuming with the freebie office 365 there's no editing docs online?

thanks

Thank Post
    The parts that get used most at my schools with the Google setup are email / sites / calendars and forms. Forms are fantastic they are basically a question air that you can put on the website or email out to parents and Google is intelligent enough to automatically correlate all the reply info into a spreadsheet with graphs. I was surprised that this was one of the most used parts, apart from email.

Thank Post
    You get the office components that are linked to skydrive, so yes you can edit dosuments. What you don't get is the ones linked to Sharepoint.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    You get the office components that are linked to skydrive, so yes you can edit dosuments. What you don't get is the ones linked to Sharepoint.
    thats sounds interesting then - what's the difference?

Could we in theory have all of a pupils documents stored on skydrive (limited of course) so they can be worked on both at home and in school?
    Is Skydrive shared with staff?

If i had a spare domain name i'd give it a looksie

thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    The parts that get used most at my schools with the Google setup are email / sites / calendars and forms. Forms are fantastic they are basically a question air that you can put on the website or email out to parents and Google is intelligent enough to automatically correlate all the reply info into a spreadsheet with graphs. I was surprised that this was one of the most used parts, apart from email.
    That sounds interesting too - but i really like the idea of sticking with MS for now - mainly due to the nature of our pupils needs

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by klop View Post
    thats sounds interesting then - what's the difference?

Could we in theory have all of a pupils documents stored on skydrive (limited of course) so they can be worked on both at home and in school?
    Is Skydrive shared with staff?

If i had a spare domain name i'd give it a looksie

thanks
    If you want to see what the Skydrive stuff is like, just sign up for a hotmail/windows live mail account and you will get skydrive with it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread