+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Looking for set of home phones in General; We have some very, very old Hagenuk DECT phones which are playing up, and we're looking to replace them with ...

Thank Post

Looking for set of home phones

We have some very, very old Hagenuk DECT phones which are playing up, and we're looking to replace them with something newer, was looking at these Siemens Gigaset CS385 Cordless Phone . It's a long time since I looked into this stuff. does any Edugeeker have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 781 Posts
    @beeswax:

Have a look at these: Search for 4500 - Cordless Phone World

As they are BT phones they are guaranteed to work faultlessly and they are much cheaper than the ones you are looking at but with all the features and you can get 4 phones for the price.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have some Panasonic KX TG8323 ones we got from Costco. A friend of mine as some BT ones, when they use the cordless phones the WIFI stops working. Also had problems myself with cordless phones and WIFI

Thank Post
    @beeswax:

As a user of BT wireless phones for the past 8 years (different models) I have never had nor heard of them interfering with the WIFI broadband and can only imagine them being set up wrong in the first place by not implementing a proper DSL filter in the proper place within the BT landline.

Damn stupid reply if you ask me to something that really should have no problem if fitted properly.

BT run the lines and the exchanges to most peoples landlines and I have heard too many times where non compliant equipment has been fitted (non BT compliant) and the person has had to then go and purchase BT equipment to rectify.

I have never had any trouble with BT equipment but have had problems with other non BT compliant equipment in the past.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What happens is when you uses the cordless phone the WIFI on the laptops completely disconnects, and the laptops are unable to see the SID. If you use ethernet connection its fine. It only happens when the phones are in use. They have a completely separate line for the internet (its a business i am unsure why they do it that way), so it cant be filters. I dont think they use the phones anymore. To me it sounds like its some kind of interference, not problems at all with a normal phone.

I am not sure what the problem is as i am just repeating what i have been told.

@bossman I cant see why it is a stupid reply at all. I am sharing an experience, something the original poster wants. Surely thats the whole idea of the forum? Can you explain why that would be a stupid reply please?
    Last edited by FN-GM; 2nd May 2011 at 01:08 AM.

Thank Post
    @FN-GM:

I actually thought you were having a laugh when you mentioned about these phones interfering with the WIFI and that's why I made that remark in keeping up with the jocularity of the post.

I have as I stated never come across anything of this nature with BT compliant equipment and have recommended it to many people who have taken my advice over many years.

All I can say about the experience your friends have had is that the mobile phones they use are defective and should take them back for replacement or the wireless router they have has been setup wrong.

@FN-GM I do hope this explanation answers your question and that you understand that no malice was intended.

P.S. I may also start to give people negative rep in future without waiting for an explanation! ;D
    Last edited by bossman; 2nd May 2011 at 08:24 AM.

7. Thanks to bossman from:

FN-GM (2nd May 2011)

Thank Post
    @bossman : thanks for your advice; I hadn't thought of looking to BT for phones (!). I had a similar problem to the one FN-GM mentions a long time ago when my broadband was supplied by Freeserve/Orange, though not with wireless. If anybody was online the line dropped sometimes as soon as someone picked up a phone to make a call. This only lasted for a short period (months) and despite being told by Orange that the problem lay with my set up was resolved without any change to my domestic set up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread