+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, HP support.. in General; What's everyones experience of this company and it's support? I've been buying warranties with most printers but of course the ...

Thank Post

HP support..

What's everyones experience of this company and it's support? I've been buying warranties with most printers but of course the one CHEAP printer I get from them and don't buy a warranty has been delivered utterly knackered, it's useless but apparently not DOA as the LEDs light up!

Used HPs online support contact who have asked me to call a HP tech on monday to talk about it. The bloody printer is only worth £35, I'm livid as it's such a waste of time.. just gimme a new one Equanet!

*huff*

Thank Post

Re: HP support..

If it turned up likw that, send it back to your supplier as what they have sold is not fir for purpose

Thank Post

Luckily all HPs (execept one) I've had go wrong have just completely died on me and I find that HP are quite quick to just send me a replacement.

But it was a nightmare with the exception (made lots of clicking noises) and I spent quite a long time on the phone over 2 days before any action happened.

But since then, they've all just gone straight belly up - no lights or nothing (but make sure you've proved that its not the power lead before ringing them )

3 options for you.

Ask supplier to replace or your never buying from them again.

Spend long time with HP support and lose sanity as they ask you to update the firmware 3 times.

Throw it away.

regards

Simon

Thank Post

@Ric
    AFAIK, we don't have that sort of protection in business - thats just for normal punters.

regards

Simon

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi
    @Ric
    AFAIK, we don't have that sort of protection in business - thats just for normal punters.

regards

Simon
    Yes... but if you refuse to pay for it (since you inevitably have 30 day terms)...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts

I have had enough of HP support, its all lies and bull**** from them, I have servers on guarented next business day warranties, 4 days for a PSU for one, and they say well its all down to parts avalablity despite me reading every page of T&Cs of the warranty statement and nowhere does it say that at all on my warranty pack. I got a new one from Insight in less than 24hrs after failure, they had over 1000 of them in stock and could have ordered another 10,000 from HP for next day delivery to them so why can't HP get me them on time? I had to spend my budget getting a new extra PSU becuase I knew HP wouldn't get it to me on time and they proved it again! There kit when working is damed good stuff but when its faulty HP win the award for poor service provider of the year. I could to a point accpet if it was a 4yr old server that was not current but this server is a current model still made today and for sale today!

Anyway, HPs answer to they why does it take 4 days and about the lies was "I don't know its all sub-contracted out now and out of our hands". They told me to email with details of the case, I emailed and get an auto-responce saying the mailbox was no longer in use, so im fuming with them. They are going to get a serious roasting. They tried passing the buck by saying UPS didn't deliver in 24hrs as they should, I have paper proof that the part didn't ship when it should have anyway, so they are really really in for it! They clearly don't know what power us Edugeeks have, if a few of us have these kinds of problems I'm sure that a few other members will at least stop and think for maybe 10 seconds before spending a good few K on HP products.

Edit, I probably should have made this its own thread and put it in the FFS section so sorry for going off on one when your moaning about HP Print Support and i'm on about Proliant support.

Thank Post

I have to say that the only time that I've ever had a problem with an HP product was down to a server PSU failure. We reported the problem to HP support and the replacement PSU arrived same day and the engineer arrived first thing the next day to fit it (please note that we did not pay extra for some super-duper extended warranty).

That said, I am talking about an incident which occurred in 2001. Since then I have had no problems with any HP hardware barring over used and badly specced laser printers ( I have 2 PCs, laptop and 2 printers at home, 4 servers at work).

My wife (non-techy) swears by HP and 9 times out 10 she's right (but then she IS the wife!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,648 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries

One thing I am seeing is that every supplier that is big enough to provide for schools has the same issues - at some point the support fails. The issue that really matters is if it is always the same. Is the incident a single, odd occurrence? I've heard of the occasional failure in support by HP but the majority of the comments have been positive.

Thank Post

My experience of them in the 4 years I've been dealing with HP has never really been good, its always been a tail of late parts arrival and dead parts arriving. It got better last time I exploded at them as they stopped insisting I had to have an engineer each time with parts but they have got worse again.

If I order parts only it can be 24hrs but its getting longer and longer, often if I want an engineer as I don't think HPs diagnosis is correct or they have told me im wrong when I know im right then it can be up to 8 days before I get an engineer with the wrong parts who also has the right parts often in his car stock.

The server incident is the last straw really, I no longer get extended or better warranties on Desktops as its pointless with HP as they cannot keep to there time-scales, the last lot of machines I got I only got 1yr warranties on them, I will just buy off the shelf bits and DIY them after the years up, much less hassle. The servers need good support but when I have to resore to nearly having 1 spare not really importaint server of each model I use in stock for spare scaviging its not good really. (fortunatly I only have about 5 types of HP Server so i'm not too bad)

Thank Post

HP is very subpar and I can easily say I hate them. Their products are crap and they seem to be breaking within a year. We are issued HP nc8430 laptops and one of our guys laptop motherboard blew after 3 months of regular use. Our HP Proliant server had a hard drive failure within a few weeks of uptime. Desktops and monitors are breaking often. I definitely prefer Dell over HP we have machines over 3 years old that are still going strong. Every time we call them for piece replacements it's a gigantic hassle. They transfer us all over the place then we end up getting hung up on after about 30 minutes.

If it was my call to avoid switching to HP I would of done it. Now we're stuck with them and it's really dissapointing and frustrating.

Thank Post

Have you tried loggin the faults on the HP website, we have had more sucess that way?

As for failures, appart from a large amount of duff mobos and CPUs and the usual naff Maxtor Hard Drives I don't do too bad on the workstations, and the servers have been so reliable 1 hand counts the number of failures in 8 years.

Thank Post

We've got on OK with HP Laptops so far - we've bought all extended warranties.

Thier not bad per say, and generally the backup has been preety good.

Kyle

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread