+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, What would you do? in General; I use to work with central I.T. but hated by job for various reasons, anyway I moved to a school ...

Thank Post

What would you do?

I use to work with central I.T. but hated by job for various reasons, anyway I moved to a school and became a network manager and love it.

I've recently found out that most of the other network managers in the county log a lot of menial jobs with central I.T. on a regular basis, where as I do these myself as part of my duties.

I also work alone whereas most of the other network managers have at least 1 technician (3 of them have 2).

Should I start palming some of my rubbish work onto I.T. or keep going as I am? I'm currently short on any development time and have been refused a technician this year (although I'll keep asking).

I don't feel overworked, but I'm not giving the school value for money as I'm spending my time doing low level technician work (hell most of it would be basic for a tech!) instead of developing the schools websites, applications and coming up with new ideas for I.T. use in the school.

Frustrated a little as I know I can do a lot for this school!

Thank Post

Re: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmad

I don't feel overworked, but I'm not giving the school value for money as I'm spending my time doing low level technician work (hell most of it would be basic for a tech!) instead of developing the schools websites, applications and coming up with new ideas for I.T. use in the school.

Frustrated a little as I know I can do a lot for this school!
    I know where your coming from there but I do feel slighlty over worked sometimes I should hear soon i they are going to be able to get me some help.

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

Re: What would you do?

Same boat as me, except your setup and county are a complete arse IIRC

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information