+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, A2Z in General; the reason I ask, is the other day I asked if they were a sister company to A2Z computers and ...
    PEO
    Thank Post
    the reason I ask, is the other day I asked if they were a sister company to A2Z computers and the sales guy almost choked, and basically gave me a load of jibjab

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh good lord!

Thank Post
    The only dealing I've had with NS Optimum was when one of their engineers mistakenly sat in our reception for half an hour when he was meant to be at the primary school next door all along. Will be interesting to see what they're able to offer existing customers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    from past experience, I am glad my warranties only had 2 months to go!!!

Thank Post
    I dont do sympathy for A2Z, we stopped buying from them in 2009 in fact our last purchase was 2008, they sold us about 100 PCs and they were pathetic to say at the least. Even their salesman told us they did sell us a bad deal, terrible cases, bad spec but then the head of ICT did the purchase. Since then we never looked at them again, same went for NS before A2Z, Forefront we had NS - never again.
    You shouldnt be purchasing PCs and have them turn up on your door step in a disgusting state where you end up sending 5 back instantly and find about 8 more faulty within 4 weeks.

Bit of a rant but these companies do not shock me when they go bust.

Thank Post
    Must say I never had a problem with their units in terms of spec or price, or indeed in terms of realibility. We did however have a few comical situations once orders were placed, which now in hindsight were probably cashflow issues at their end. Culminated in me being told that they were having a problem sourcing Microsoft or Logitech keyboards and mice.

Thank Post
    now that is funny!

we had manchines from pars (Think about 50, no loner than a year maybe)

we had manchines from a2z (Think about 170 with the last year maybe)

both companies brought out NS Optimum

Nice lol

PEO
    Thank Post
    lesson to be learned.... I will be staying away from the small companies from now on

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    lesson to be learned.... I will be staying away from the small companies from now on
    It is how we feel, although very cheap, some times cheap isnt the best option.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ahh ns optimum, the company i have emailed nearly 8 times saying "stop sending me mailshot advertising, i dont want to buy anything" and then receive a mailshot advertising from them 20 mins later

Thank Post
    It makes no difference the size of the company look at Focus and MFI amongst others, Mesh also went into administration last week.
    As the components in A2Z computers were decent branded components, specced as we chose, there should be no problems getting replacements under warranty from the manafacturers.

Thank Post
    Having worked for NS Optimum in the past as an engineer I think this could be a good move, I think many of their problems seem to have been caused by being over-ambitious and not quite having the staff to deal with the amount of work they had at peak times, especially during the summer months when some of their staff were temps that hadn't always been up to scratch. Their 1st line sales tactics were also a little pushy at times but most of the account managers are great guys, as are the technical, production and AV installation staff - many of which have been there for a decade or more.

Hopefully expanding will allow them to take on the extra work and be able to cope with it better. They do have many loyal customers but as is often the case on the internet happy customers don't feel the need to shout about it whereas those with complaints often feel the need to let every man and their dog know about the problems they've had.

Thank Post
    I was saddened to see the old girl (A2Z) go having worked there for six years.. some of us jumped ship six months before she fell... that being said now I've moved on to a different company it's easy to see where it all went wrong. To be honest I can't see a reason for dealing with a small company, it seems an unnecessary risk. There's no shamless plugging here just the truth if the company trying to sell to you don't turn over 10 million minimum then they're basically a few blokes in a shed and your opening yourself up to trouble
    Last edited by Orangescott; 3rd August 2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Incoherent

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    not necesarily true there @Orangescott. I know a company that turns over just over £2mil. There are 4 of them in their office, they work with a telecoms company in the same building, and they are perhaps some of the best sales people I know!

Some companies that turn over 10's of millions (like misco, dabs etc) cant touch the prices of some small companies

Look at @CPLTD, they are a small company and they have some of the best pricing around!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast