+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, CBT Nuggests Videos in General; What do you think about the CBT videos? I've heard from alot of people they are suppose to be very ...

Thank Post

CBT Nuggests Videos

What do you think about the CBT videos?
    I've heard from alot of people they are suppose to be very good. I looked at the website today and saw the prices.....They are so expensive!
    Do you think the videos are worth the price? Depending on the certification some are as expensive as 399$

That seems awfuly expensive to me...
    If you've used them in the past do you think they've been worth the money? Also are you allowed to do a group buy and share the videos? ( I guess not ) Like 5 people split the price and pay 80$ each.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've seen a few of these for a class I was in, I quite liked them, The ones I saw where quiet good and the host (James Conrad for most of the ones I saw) clearly explained what he was doing, any tricks and tips (including the MS vs Real World ways), mentioned that he put files on the website that goes with the video (eg: scripts he used, excel spreadsheets), wasn't just plain talking (would chuck in jokes and small comments etc).

I think that price is aimed more for educational groups where they would be getting shown to a few people (but don't quote me on that)

Thank Post

CBT

Try going on a course, my company is paying for some and they are nearly 2k for a single cert for 5 days training

When you have to pay yourself you soon start thinking those CBTs aren't so bad

I have used CBT Nuggets or Testout for many exams along with the MS Press book and a test network to play on. Never failed one yet. Make sure you at least use a decent book too though.

Trainsignal do some decent CBT stuff too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Someone let me borrow there's around 5 years ago they where for server 2003. They where good. But I could only Take them in chunks for I got fedup and tune out.
    Last edited by FN-GM; 17th April 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveaproblem View Post
    What do you think about the CBT videos?
    I've heard from alot of people they are suppose to be very good. I looked at the website today and saw the prices.....They are so expensive!
    Do you think the videos are worth the price? Depending on the certification some are as expensive as 399$

That seems awfuly expensive to me...
    If you've used them in the past do you think they've been worth the money? Also are you allowed to do a group buy and share the videos? ( I guess not ) Like 5 people split the price and pay 80$ each.

i think that would have the same legal standing as bittorrent,

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Might also be worth pointing out you can get free videos on the website. Have a look at those and see what you think.

Thank Post
    Thanks all. I'll think I will stick to the books and free videos that you've mentioned and set up my own test networks using a VM.
    I cant justify paying $300+ for a set of these.... I'll stick to books, practise networks and happily learn that way

Thank Post
    We had access to some of the CBT Nugget videos a few years back and the biggest problem with them was the DRM protection. Once we installed them onto one laptop and when that person had finished with them we tried to remove so we could install on another laptop and that took some doing!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread