+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, LGFL technicians conference. in General; Just like to say thankyou to GrumbleDook for a very good talk today....

Thank Post

LGFL technicians conference.

Just like to say thankyou to GrumbleDook for a very good talk today.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: LGFL technicians conference.

You're welcome ... it was good fun and it was good to see so many interested technicians. It was also good to see that so many techies can be gotten together to actually share information, I take my hat off to LGfL for that and have to say a big thank you to Stewart for inviting me down.

Thank Post

Damn. I missed it.

Any interesting headlines e.g. more info on when Fronter will replace DigitalBane?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well ... Penny Patterson welcomed us all and then Chris Wood appeared and we started off with a rather tongue in cheek (but decidely humourous) video looking at the balance of security against creativity. This was followed by a look at Strategic Technologies (as in how you actually plan things) witched fitted in nicely to TCO and then FITS (Debbie Wiggins is back on the FITS team now after an absence of a few years and she did the presentation).
    Stewart Duncan gave everyone an update on Sophos, Penny Patterson talked about equipment security, Stewart was back on with email control (Penny and Stewart seemed to do a nice little double act throughout the day actually)

We then had your humble serpent followed by a break for coffee (admit it griffin, you only clapped because I gave you permission to go and have a caffeine fix!)

After the break Penny was back talking about Netsweeper, followed by Stewart on Video Conferencing, then Penny on eSafety, Stewart on Remote Access (Get those MIPs sorted folks ...), a brief glimpse of Chris again to mention about VLEs (there was a meeting in the afternoon with Fronter to explain about things so it was saved until then really) and then Mark Uttley and Andrew Trimble talked about Mobile Learning Technologies (using smart phones) with Andrew doing a scarey impression of a few Heads I have met when talking about how certain courses have changed their views of ICT and the use of it.

The Q&A section was very small (a quick appearance from the Chief Exec of LGfL to answer one question about MLEs) and then lunch ... and then I scarpered.

I was shown a number of good resources on the LGfL site that are open for everyone to access so I will be going through it over the hols and picking out things that can be linked to from the Wiki (eSafety, policies, procedures, etc).

The presentations from the show will probably be put on the LGfL site or anyone who went (and filled in the evaluation sheet) has a memory stick with them on. I'll link to mine once I have the support server running again.

Thank Post

Thanks Tony.

Looks to have been very interesting. I would really have loved to have gone.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    (admit it griffin, you only clapped because I gave you permission to go and have a caffeine fix!)
    not only, but it did help :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    Any interesting headlines e.g. more info on when Fronter will replace DigitalBane?
    From what i could gather fronter will not replace digital brain as they will both be availible from LGFL.

From other meetings with fronter (as i had to back in school for the afternoon). The LGFL Fronter solution will most likley be hosted on a LGFL/Synerix data centre rather than the norwegian ones currenty used.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread