+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Every cloud has a silver lining in General; I went to do some strimming at the weekend and the battery has had it in my Flymo. This morning, ...

Thank Post

Every cloud has a silver lining

I went to do some strimming at the weekend and the battery has had it in my Flymo. This morning, I popped into school to do the SIMS Spring update and the Site Manager asked me if I could take some stuff to the tip. It included a UPS that had been dropped and the case smashed. It's the same battery as my Flymo.

2. Thanks to laserblazer from:

wizzard (11th April 2011)

Thank Post
    My missus crashed the car on Thursday, and it's going to be quite expensive to get it (and the other car) sorted, but cheaper than the excess for her. Dealing with an accident like this is not pleasant, but it turns out she used to go to school and be good mates with the girl she smashed into. The missus now has a friendship back on with someone she hadn't seen in years - everything happens for a reason

4. Thanks to Hightower from:

wizzard (11th April 2011)

Thank Post
    I don't think a car battery will fit in my Flymo Hightower. It sounds as if nobody was hurt, so that's the best news and your wife has found an old friend, which is excellent.

Thank Post
    Also, just booked up a campsite in Hexham, and it turns out the owner has the same surname, and was originally from the same town - can't wait to see if she's related, so thanks to @Jax; for finding me a campsite - strange how the world works

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,471 Posts
    A few years ago I fell out with the local drama group - of which I had been a stalwart member for many years - and I left with the whole thing leaving a nasty taste
    However, a friend asked me to pick up my French Horn, which I hadn't touched for 30 years, and join her orchestra.(previously I couldn't due to rehearsals)
    I overcame my trepidation, and did - it has been tremendous fun and I have got to play with the Bournemouth Symphony and met many new friends. My life is definitely richer for the experience - and I am so thrilled to be back in the music world.
    Not sure if everything happens for the best, but many things certainly do

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread