+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, We Want Your Network Managers Meeting... in General; Hi All One of the projects I am currently working on is improvements to Impero. We are looking to work ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We Want Your Network Managers Meeting...

Hi All

One of the projects I am currently working on is improvements to Impero.

We are looking to work with groups of technical staff who have regular meetings to get an invite for us to come along and show you Impero and then to get feedback from yourself on where product can be improved.

If run a regular meeting and this of interest give me a PM and let me know..

Russell

Thank Post
    I've got it on 30 day trial at the moment mate and it is very good!

I can think of several improvements to the software itself, however the top improvement for us in Wales with no money at all would be the price, paricularly the yearly costs from 2nd year onwards. The head almost fell off her chair.

I have not fed back to account manager regarding the quote yet as am going to continue to evaluate it for another week or two. I am worried we can't afford it despite how excellent imperio is.

My 2p anyway (and I've got a jar full of em if you need it)

Butuz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    I can think of several improvements to the software itself, however the top improvement for us in Wales with no money at all would be the price, paricularly the yearly costs from 2nd year onwards. The head almost fell off her chair.
    I personally thought these costs where extremely reasonable. Well, the price we got was anyway.

I can give you one improvement I would like to see right away. To be able to add folders down the left hand pane to organize all the rooms/user groups.

Thank Post
    We've used Impero for a couple of years now.

About the only improvement i can think of off the top of my head would be to improve the performance of version 3. It's such a resource hog compared to version 2!

Incidentally, the price we pay per year is pretty reasonable, too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Hi All

One of the projects I am currently working on is improvements to Impero.

We are looking to work with groups of technical staff who have regular meetings to get an invite for us to come along and show you Impero and then to get feedback from yourself on where product can be improved.

If run a regular meeting and this of interest give me a PM and let me know..

Russell
    Funny you should mention this ... I will email you and Karen tomorrow ... honest!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Butuz do get back to your account manager that is not my area..

@Hightower Sure think we have that one on our list

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    russ:
    not sure if its already part of it, but with pcounter the ability to reset every week instead of add to every week. so each monday reset to 50 credits, not add 50.
    i know it has the ability to limit adding to but the reset would be a good middle ground

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    russ:
    not sure if its already part of it, but with pcounter the ability to reset every week instead of add to every week. so each monday reset to 50 credits, not add 50.
    i know it has the ability to limit adding to but the reset would be a good middle ground
    I just have ours to add 200 every week, with a limit of 200 at any one time. Think this does the same thing as resetting to 200.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    russ:
    Impero don't own Pcounter? That's Altman.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Impero don't own Pcounter? That's Altman.
    pcounter/pcredit/print management, you know what i mean

Thank Post
    i know of a conference in Preston late on the year...

Si

Thank Post
    Will do matey.

A Couple of thoughts.

1. "Log Viewer" - "Todays Violations". When you "View Image" and click "Save As" it only saves as a Bitmap, JPG would be much better.

2. "Log Viewer" - "Todays Violations". Also it doesn't automatically populate the name of the image so I have to manually type a name / time date etc in which is a complete and utter pain. The screenshot is already called DATE/TIME/PC.jpg in the system so why not automatically pass that name into the "Save As" box please

3. "Log Viewer" - "Todays Violations". When you are viewing a violation it would be very handy to be able to scroll left or right (or up or down) through the violation images so if you have a fair few in the list you can quickly scroll through the pictures to see if there are any nasties in there. Also it would be handy to have a "Mark as false positive" button in the actual screenshot viewer so wholst your scrolling through you can mark nonsense ones a such.

4. ICT Support Helpdesk. I think it would be a really good development to build in an ICT Helpdesk into Impero. This is the kind of software that Network Managers and Teachers will use daily - why not add the ability for teachers to add helpdesk tickets from within the software and for NM's to manage incedents? It doesnt need to be fantastically well featured just a basic system intergrated with Impero and Active Dir?

Cheers

Butuz

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    3. "Log Viewer" - "Todays Violations". When you are viewing a violation it would be very handy to be able to scroll left or right (or up or down) through the violation images so if you have a fair few in the list you can quickly scroll through the pictures to see if there are any nasties in there. Also it would be handy to have a "Mark as false positive" button in the actual screenshot viewer so wholst your scrolling through you can mark nonsense ones a such.
    But surely there are no false positives? The violation will only be triggered by something set on the console. So if you had the keyword SH17 and someone typed DERBYSH17E by mistake, it isn't really a false positive as that keyword was typed.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 10th April 2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Your post caused a false positive on our language filter cos you didn't really mean it right?

Thank Post
    Not sure I get where your coming from?

Scunthorpe is a false positive for example. The system will flag it but I don't need to action it.

Butuz

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's not a false positive though. A false positive is for example a legit file being flagged as a virus.
    Scunthorpe is a positive match if you set impero to flag it if the keyword is typed, which it has been. false positive would be if it flagged "dog" as the same word.

What about putting the keyword to search with spaces in (haven't had to set keywords for ages so don't know if its possible), but for example instead of "sh17" how about " sh17 " so as long as there is a space before and after it will be picked up.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 10th April 2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: LANGUAGE!!! Some schools have filters for that sort of thing!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast