General Chat Thread, Life Questions... in General; 1. Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
2. Why do ...
24th March 2007, 06:41 PM #1 Life Questions... 1. Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
2. Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?
3. Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
4. Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?
5. Why do they use sterilised needles for death by lethal injection?
6. Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
7. Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a gun at him?
8. Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
9. Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?
10. What is the speed of darkness?
11. Are there specially reserved parking spaces for "normal" people at the Special Olympics?
12. If you send someone 'Styrofoam', how do you pack it?
13. If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
14. If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
15. If it's true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?
16. Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
17. If someone with a split personality threates to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation?
18. Can you cry under water?
19. What level of importance must a person have, before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?
20. If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
21. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
22. How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on bigger suitcases?
23. Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up, like, every two hours?
24. If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
25. Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
24th March 2007, 07:13 PM #2 Rep Power 19
Re: Life Questions... A few answers:
2. The origins of evil has taxed the greatest minds throughout the course of history.
4. It does when it's on the outside of the bottle.
10. Same as the speed of light.
15. Teaching and learning.
25 Less likely to get arrested.
24th March 2007, 07:55 PM #3 Re: Life Questions... 1. Might actually help as you make a better contact (more surface area) and reduce the resistance
2. Look up B*stards in a dictionary
10. You need to read more Terry Pratchet
13. Ask the monkeys
14. Have you never been to Portsmouth?
19. Royalty? Or is that something else?
24th March 2007, 08:03 PM #4 Re: Life Questions... 7. Because the Superman we see on the screen is only an actor.
21. Square boxes are easier to pack.
Do crabs think we walk sideways?
What does cheese say when it has its photo taken?
Is the Hokey-Cokey really what its all about?
If somebody vanishes without a trace, how do you know they are missing?
Why is the wife of a king a queen, but the husband of a queen a prince?
And now for two that have verifiable answers...
How many Three Stooges where there?
What is the Loan Rangers mask made from?
24th March 2007, 08:04 PM #5 Re: Life Questions... 19. It is murder instigated at the behest of someone else. eg .. I get sick and tired of Bisley98 but get Russdev to kill her ... I have her assissinated but Russdev is guilty of murder.
24th March 2007, 09:56 PM #6 Re: Life Questions... Has anyone heard from Bisley98 recently !!!!
26th March 2007, 08:39 AM #7 Re: Life Questions... 3 - because paint being wet is something we can easily check. It is human nature to query things we understand, and not those we don't, or don't believe we understand. See also: shed painting.
26th March 2007, 08:53 AM #8 26th March 2007, 09:38 AM #9 Re: Life Questions... 8. Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
To stop them from bumping their head, getting knocked out and missing their target or hitting another plane
26th March 2007, 09:47 AM #10 Re: Life Questions... Oi - whats wrong with Portsmouth?! Haha
Originally Posted by
26th March 2007, 09:51 AM #11 Re: Life Questions... 13. Assuming twice as cold = half the temperature then the answer is -139.8 degrees centigrade because zero centigrade is +273 kelvin. If the outside temperature is zero kelvin then things couldn't get any colder. /geek
26th March 2007, 10:13 AM #12 Rep Power 19
Re: Life Questions... 26. Why does the first sentence that everyone utters to me on the phone these days start with "I know your busy.. but"
26th March 2007, 10:21 AM #13 Re: Life Questions... 26. Why does the first sentence that everyone utters to me on the phone these days start with "I know your busy.. but"
because they are insinuating that you aren't actually busy.
26th March 2007, 06:33 PM #14 Re: Life Questions... I was born there, so I know what I'm talking about! It does have one redeeming feature; all the major road junctions have big signs with "OUT OF CITY" in large, friendly letters...
Originally Posted by
28th March 2007, 02:30 PM #15 Re: Life Questions...
LOL - There are some nice people in Portsmouth
Originally Posted by
Elky This thread is funny - in 'normal' people forums people just accept the stupid American 'questions' and say how correct they are. In a tech forum each is scrutenized... it's beautiful to watch!
On the point about Pizza boxes it is so they are easy to make flat - otherwise they would take up a lot of space in transit...
By contink in forum General Chat
Last Post: 19th October 2007, 09:18 AM
By Robunta in forum Blue Skies
Last Post: 11th July 2007, 10:32 AM
By Dos_Box in forum Comments and Suggestions
Last Post: 20th December 2006, 01:41 AM Replies:
Last Post: 6th February 2006, 05:59 PM
By mrtechsystems in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
Last Post: 29th July 2005, 02:26 PM Thread Information Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread.
(0 members and 1 guests)