+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Getting quotes and then not buying in General; If its a particulary large project I will usaly hold something back for one of those who lost out on ...
    Thank Post
    If its a particulary large project I will usaly hold something back for one of those who lost out on the big pot of gold-
    e.g. we did a primary school up with new tech a few weeks ago - bought the desktops/server/lics from one company and then got the new network switches from another.

In smaller projects though I do hate saying 'thanks for all your effort but not this time' but like others have said - its just the way of the world.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    got an email saying they were disappointed at how we had let them do all the work in speccing things up and then gone with someone else.
    And at that moment there they would have been deleted from my contacts list, and a sharp reply asking them to never contact me again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    we've just been through this and had one supplier take it quite personally as they believed they had done a lot of the work and perhaps gave us the idea of the route we eventually took (they didnt).
    got an email saying they were disappointed at how we had let them do all the work in speccing things up and then gone with someone else.
    understandably they were disappointed but that did nothing to help and they didnt give us the idea or do the majority of the work.
    Ignore them - they're just trying to make you feel guilty (and succeeding!). Let's be honest, they're in business to make money, not to do you any favours. If they can win orders by being devious and making you feel sh*t, rather than by giving you the best price then good for them and more fool you. I say give them no quarter, write a tight spec (so they're all quoting for exactly the same thing) and best price wins.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quotes should always be "no obligation". The idea of them in the first place is to compare suppliers whether its price, service or even because you like the nice funny lady/hunky sounding fella who answered the phone. You're gonna have to say no to someone and most of them will appreciate being told why. They might not be able to be more competitive in pricing, they might however be able to give their telephonists a bit more training in sounding sexy/hunky. It could work in their favour as well, so don't feel bad about it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12