+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave Comic Relief Challenge in General; Originally Posted by glennda there was a very strict guidelines they had they both had to speak in every min ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    there was a very strict guidelines they had they both had to speak in every min of the show except when playing music and also during the news.

Chris also made a personal rule of one of them had to be in the studio at all times.
    think he was referring to my refeference.. not that of whatver moyles is doing..

As ive said before.. fair play to the big bloke for raising money for charity.. did he not go up mount kiliminjaro for charity as well too? I have no problems with his intentions.

I just dont like his radio presence. Im sure if in real life hes a decent bloke.

Thank Post
    Nah I'm pretty sure he would be a tw@t in real life too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    They did an awesome thing for a great cause,

Plus I like Chris Moyles , Yorkshire lad
    Edit: Not really appropriate.
    Last edited by AyatollahPies; 18th March 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    I think my second sentence is quite obvious that I am not arguing with the fact that it is good that money is being raised for charity.

Mr BLobby raised a lot of money for charity one year too Im sure as well..

As to my first point, I just went by the first hit on Google. A New Record: 175 Hours On Air
    Just came across like you was putting down their hard efforts.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well it made me giggle a fair bit, personally. And it was a pretty heroic effort, I've done similar stretches of time at Uni and it does get hard going. If anything they kept their sanity in check remarkably well.

I noticed the feed go down at about 10:15 after Fearne's offer as well, but I was more annoyed that I didn't see Chris and Dave sign off after all that time than anything!

Plus, £2.4m is an insane amount of money, and I've been very entertained by it. Something to natter about with all the 6th formers who've been around the office as well, they've all been doing all-nighters for a media studies deadline and we've been lending a hand with the A3 printing and layout, so it's actually been a pleasant couple of days being the hero and having a laugh

(now roll on the weekend, super saturday, hell yeeeeeeeah)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Just came across like you was putting down their hard efforts.
    sorry if it came across this way.

Anything/Anybody that raises money for charity is commendable in my book, regardless of my personal opinions of whatever/whover they may be.

I dont even know what charity they are supporting? Is it the Japan Tragedy?

Thank Post
    They're supporting Comic Relief.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    sorry if it came across this way.

Anything/Anybody that raises money for charity is commendable in my book, regardless of my personal opinions of whatever/whover they may be.

I dont even know what charity they are supporting? Is it the Japan Tragedy?
    Yeah comic relief day here

i have to say some of the guests they have been have been hilarious!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    Whilst I am sure it is a commendable thing and he raised a lot of money for a good cause - I can only live in hope that it will have put him off radio or indeed any other media for life. Not much chance of that though - although I would definitely contribute to the charity effort if he promised to retire when they raised - say - £10,000000. The man is a foul-mouthed misogynistic idiot, and worst of all, he is BORING.
    (waits for things to be thrown... )

(BTW - when the 'celebrities' went up Kilamanjaro - they had personal doctors with them and half the time the bearers carried ALL their stuff, and sometimes some of the celebrities themselves! That came from a friend who has just come back from Killi and was talking to all the bearers who thought the whole thing was very funny.)

10. 3 Thanks to witch:

creese (18th March 2011), RabbieBurns (18th March 2011), sidewinder (18th March 2011)

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Whilst I am sure it is a commendable thing and he raised a lot of money for a good cause - I can only live in hope that it will have put him off radio or indeed any other media for life. Not much chance of that though - although I would definitely contribute to the charity effort if he promised to retire when they raised - say - £10,000000. The man is a foul-mouthed misogynistic idiot, and worst of all, he is BORING.
    (waits for things to be thrown... )

(BTW - when the 'celebrities' went up Kilamanjaro - they had personal doctors with them and half the time the bearers carried ALL their stuff, and sometimes some of the celebrities themselves! That came from a friend who has just come back from Killi and was talking to all the bearers who thought the whole thing was very funny.)
    Come on. Tell us what you really think about him.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Whilst...
    Sometimes, i wish there was the ability on this forum to do 2x thanks!

Thank Post
    I watched quite a bit of the live broadcast on the BBC radio 1 website - I've listened to Chris Moyles for years since he came to radio 1 in the 90's and I'm quite a fan of his broadcasting. Yes he makes ill guided statements sometimes, and he's a bit silly sometimes, but it's all good fun. There were some brilliant moments throughout the 52 hours, some of the video highlights are quality.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I watched quite a bit of the live broadcast on the BBC radio 1 website - I've listened to Chris Moyles for years since he came to radio 1 in the 90's and I'm quite a fan of his broadcasting. Yes he makes ill guided statements sometimes, and he's a bit silly sometimes, but it's all good fun. There were some brilliant moments throughout the 52 hours, some of the video highlights are quality.
    Ditto. I can see why people don't always take to him, but it's his style and he's probably one of a bunch on radio at the moment that knows how radio works and properly present a very entertaining radio show. It's his radio persona and it works. I've not yet to meet him in real life yet but I've heard from people who have met him, he's a very nice chap. I always remember his afternoon shows from the early naughties and became a fan then. I got the sense he loved broadcasting outside of the breakfast hours as the reigns seemed to have been let go a bit.

Well done to him though! £2,500,000 is a lot to raise in 50 hours! Especially when most of those are £1 texts. I think there's more time for him at Radio 1 yet (regardless the hysteria The Daily Mail seems to live on when reporting he's being replaced every 6 months - I'm sure Radio 1 put out false tips to DM journos to create a bit of publicity because they're gulleble enough to take it!)

Thank Post
    Ah what the heck... Most of the time I like him... Spade's are often just a spade and he lampoons himself regularly..

But I have to say when they went off the air today I felt there was something of a void... One in my wallet but also the sheer entertainment value from all the different shows, and the energy from everyone who was on the team... Well, it gave me a spring in my step.

Thing is, so many people can't wait to make some negative comment, do the deed down, find something to turn the glass half empty and honestly it does my head in... Why, oh why, not just enjoy the moment for what it is... Something pretty damned amazing, a true team effort that will make a massive difference.

Nuff said...

16. Thanks to contink from:

mark (19th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    Thing is, so many people can't wait to make some negative comment, do the deed down, find something to turn the glass half empty and honestly it does my head in... Why, oh why, not just enjoy the moment for what it is... Something pretty damned amazing, a true team effort that will make a massive difference.
    Nuff said...
    Not aimed at me I hope - I did say the charity effort was good - but I wonder why he makes such derogatory comments about lots of groups of people, some of whom will probably benefit from Comic Relief money

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast