+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Don't Fear the Reaper in General; Just had the weirdest experience last night. I'm no stranger to sleep paralysis and weird dreaming, but last night I ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Don't Fear the Reaper

Just had the weirdest experience last night.
    I'm no stranger to sleep paralysis and weird dreaming, but last night I remember sitting up and seeing a black hooded figure standing at the end of my bed. Even in my sleep I remember convincing myself it was just my black hoody that I had probably hung over my clothes rail or something, but looking at it this morning I could see nothing that would resemble a black hooded demon.

Just wondered if anyone else had any similar experiences during sleep paralysis.

Something else that popped into my head shortly afterwards was this classic track:

YouTube - Don't Fear the Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult

(sorry I did try to embed the video but the evil Sony wouldn't let me)

Thank Post
    I have a very few times suffered sleep paralysis. Was absolutely convinced someone was sitting on me, pressing me into the bed, with hands around my neck (swear I felt fingers closed in). When I managed to move, I jumped out of bed swinging my fists and swearing like a drunk. Not fun.
    Last edited by 3s-gtech; 14th March 2011 at 11:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Happened to me in my early '20s. Three witches/hags standing at the foot of my bed. I don't think I slept for a week after that. Never encountered them/it again thankfully.

Thank Post

frikky!

Quote Originally Posted by basicchannel View Post
    ...last night I remember sitting up and seeing a black hooded figure standing at the end of my bed. Even in my sleep I remember convincing myself it was just my black hoody that I had probably hung over my clothes rail or something, but looking at it this morning I could see nothing that would resemble a black hooded demon.

Oddly enough, when I was much younger in the grips of raging glandular fever I remember waking in the night and hearing voices outside my room just out of sight around the landing 'planning' something in whispering voices, couldn't make out precisely what these voices were saying beyond "NO! NOT that way..." "THAT can't be done" and it was more intriguing at the time than alarming.

Later on, just before sunrise, I looked over to the side of my room to see a figure crouch into some shadowed area by my desk. I DEFINITELY saw it crouch down into the dark area and was totally convinced that if I stared at it and didn't let it out of my sight it wouldn't move and I'd be safe. A good hour passed as the sun came up, eventually revealing the dark area to contain ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Thank Post
    Most nights I wake up thinking there's a demon stood over me. Always turns out to be the missus though, waking me up to tell me to stop snoring!

Thank Post
    One night I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow...when I woke up I couldn't find my pillow...

Oh and to those who think this is an old joke...I am old enough to remember when it wasn't

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Most nights I wake up thinking there's a demon stood over me. Always turns out to be the missus though, waking me up to tell me to stop snoring!
    Last edited by basicchannel; 14th March 2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Stupidity

Thank Post
    *slowly backs up .... closes the browser window and clicks on a less freeky thread*

Thank Post
    Yeah thanks. Sleepless night for me for the next week!
    *should stop reading these things online*

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If this is becoming a "Ghost Story" thread, then I can do it too.............

Many years ago, I was a member of the RAF. I was stationed in Norfolk, at a small Radar base, and billeted at RAF Coltishall. I was living in a shared room with two other blokes. With the way that the room was set out, it was possible to open 2 of my wardrobe doors, and that would enclose my space in the room.

One night, I locked the door to the room, knowing that my two mates were on leave. Closing my space off, I settled down to go to sleep.

At some time during the night, I was woken by the sound of the door opening. Thinking that it was one of my mates coming back early, I turned over to go back to sleep. I then heard my wardrobe doors being pushed aside. And "felt" someone walk over to my bed. I couldn't move.

The doors were then closed, and the room door was shut. I fell back to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning, the room door was still locked, and the bin had moved to the centre of the room, and had about 2 inches of water in it.

Neither of my room mates had come back from leave early, and there is no explanation of how those events came to pass.

Finally, it was a well known fact that there was one particular room, on the base, which had been shut up and remained unused. This was because an airman had committed suicide in there, and everyone who had the room, after that, reported seeing a fluorescent hand print on the wall, which no amount of painting would cover up.

Sleep well, tonight, everyone!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gl3nnym View Post
    Yeah thanks. Sleepless night for me for the next week!
    *should stop reading these things online*
    If any Edugeekers want to invite these sinister things into their lives however, there is always The Midnight Man game...

I'd debated (in the moments I didn't have to organise the toners) how much fun it would be to do this at work in a very unlikely place and have the only haunted stock cupboard...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Many years ago, I was a member of the RAF. I was stationed in Norfolk, at a small Radar base, and billeted at RAF Coltishall. I was living in a shared room with two other blokes. With the way that the room was set out, it was possible to open 2 of my wardrobe doors, and that would enclose my space in the room.

Your story reminded me of this episode of Strange But True I saw many years ago (awesome programme), about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident. I guess living quite near Woodbridge at the time (of the programme airing, not the event itself) this freaked me out as well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Your story reminded me of this episode of Strange But True I saw many years ago (awesome programme), about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident. I guess living quite near Woodbridge at the time (of the programme airing, not the event itself) this freaked me out as well.
    The OH and I like to take walks around Rendlesham Forest.....they have a special UFO trail.....

However, wasn't that discredited as the work of a couple of USAF guys, with some lights and a car horn???

I know that I've not seen anything up there...............yet...................

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    The OH and I like to take walks around Rendlesham Forest.....they have a special UFO trail.....

However, wasn't that discredited as the work of a couple of USAF guys, with some lights and a car horn???

I know that I've not seen anything up there...............yet...................
    According to the Wik:

Another theory is that the incident was a hoax. The BBC reported that a former US security policeman, Kevin Conde, claimed responsibility for creating strange lights in the forest by driving around in a police vehicle whose lights he had modified.[42] [43] [44] Conde has since withdrawn the claim that he was responsible for the incident. "It is my impression that I pulled my stunt during an exercise. We would not have had an exercise during the Christmas holiday [when the UFO sightings occurred]. That is a strong indication that my stunt is not the source of this specific incident".[45] It remains possible that the coloured lights seen in the forest on the first night of the incident were due to a hoax by a perpetrator who has never come forward.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    According to the Wik:

Another theory is that the incident was a hoax. The BBC reported that a former US security policeman, Kevin Conde, claimed responsibility for creating strange lights in the forest by driving around in a police vehicle whose lights he had modified.[42] [43] [44] Conde has since withdrawn the claim that he was responsible for the incident. "It is my impression that I pulled my stunt during an exercise. We would not have had an exercise during the Christmas holiday [when the UFO sightings occurred]. That is a strong indication that my stunt is not the source of this specific incident".[45] It remains possible that the coloured lights seen in the forest on the first night of the incident were due to a hoax by a perpetrator who has never come forward.
    Well....seems like "The Truth IS Out There"....or maybe not!!

***http://www.hyper.net/ufo/rendlesham.html***

Two opposite points of view.....

***http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham.htm***
    Last edited by aerospacemango; 14th March 2011 at 01:35 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast