JJonas (21st May 2013)
DaveP (16th November 2012)
Link: Cheat Sheet Generator and Cheat Sheet Repository - Cheatography.com
Cheatography is a cheat sheet generator and repository where you can build and share cheat sheets and quick reference material for your hobbies, home, holidays or work.
Cheatography is a collection of 168 cheat sheets and quick references for everything from language to cooking,...
Cheatography is in beta...
Not a cheat sheet but not sure where else to put these: Some Windows 7 shortcut keys [Some might be repeated from earlier entries but I am sure there are quite a few new here (new to me anyway!)]
Some Windows Management shortcuts:
- Windows Key + Home: Clear all but the active window.
- Windows Key + Space: All windows become transparent so you can see through to the desktop.
- Windows Key + Up arrow: Maximize the active window.
- Shift + Windows Key + Up arrow: Maximize the active window vertically.
- Windows Key + Down arrow: Minimize the window/Restore the window if it's maximized.
- Windows Key + Left/Right arrows: Dock the window to each side of the monitor.
- Shift + Windows Key + Left/Right arrows: Move the window to the monitor on the left or right.
Here are some ways you can interact with the windows with your mouse:
- Drag window to the top: Maximize
- Drag window left/right: Dock the window to fill half of the screen.
- Shake window back/forth: Minimize everything but the current window.
- Double-Click Top Window Border (edge): Maximize window vertically.
Using the Windows key and the numbers (1-9) you can interact with the applications you have pinned to the taskbar. So let's say you have Visual Studio pinned to the taskbar (and it's the first item pinned) you can use the Windows key + 1 to launch Visual Studio, or you can use Win + ALT + 1 to gain access to the Jump Menu for Visual Studio.
Here's some more shortcut keys for the Windows Taskbar:
- Windows Key + number (1-9): Starts the application pinned to the taskbar in that position, or switches to that program.
- Shift + Windows Key + number (1-9): Starts a new instance of the application pinned to the taskbar in that position.
- Ctrl + Windows Key + number (1-9): Cycles through open windows for the application pinned to the taskbar is that position.
- Alt + Windows Key + number (1-9): Opens the Jump List for the application pinned to the taskbar.
- Windows Key + T: Focus and scroll through items on the taskbar.
- Windows Key + B: Focuses the System Tray icons
Another way you can interact with your Taskbar is by using your mouse and a key, here's the most common ones you'll want to know about
- Shift + Click on a taskbar button: Open a program or quickly open another instance of a program.
- Ctrl + Shift + Click on a taskbar button: Open a program as an administrator.
- Shift + Right-Click on a taskbar button: Show the window menu for the program (like XP does).
- Shift + Right-Click on a grouped taskbar button: Show the window menu for the group.
- Ctrl + Click on a grouped taskbar button: Cycle through the windows of the group.
Here are some final hotkeys you may find useful and interesting:
- Ctrl + Shift + N: Creates a new folder in Windows Explorer.
- Alt + Up: Goes up a folder level in Windows Explorer.
- Alt + P: Toggles the preview pane in Windows Explorer.
- Shift +Right - Click on a file: Adds Copy as Path, which copies the path of a file to the clipboard.
- Shift + Right-Click on a file: Adds extra hidden items to the Send To menu.
- Shift + Right-Click on a folder: Adds Command Prompt Here, which lets you easily open a command prompt in that folder.
- Win + P: Adjust presentation settings for your display.
- Win + (+/-): Zoom in/out.
- Win + G: Cycle between the Windows Gadgets on your screen.
Last edited by DaveP; 2nd July 2013 at 03:11 PM.
Link: Cheat Sheets & Quick Reference Cards for Developers | DevCheatSheet.com [Cheat Sheets: Organised by tags]
Over 500 tags here. Clicking tag takes you to another page that has a number of cheat sheets on the subject of the clicked tag.
JJonas (3rd May 2014)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)