+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
General Chat Thread, Whats hot? in General; Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer @Jake I thought you were married with kids. Are you earning so much that you need ...
  1. #16
    Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    954
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    @Jake I thought you were married with kids. Are you earning so much that you need to give some away as alimony?
    I am, but I still appreciate beauty in all its forms , and a little look from time to time helps to keep me young. I look at beauty, the wife looks at Ryan Reynolds and a few other actors. Its a successful balance

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,962
    Thank Post
    159
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by bishopsgarthstockton
    I had a teaching asistant come in to my office not long back and told me she needed a s*$g 8O I just told her i was to busy...
    Why doesnt that happen at my school?!

    I rarely see any of the pretty teachers/TA's here as they rarely seem to have any IT problems. Maybe a good thing because I wouldnt want them all fighting over me

    My mates say I should break their computers so Id have an excuse to 'save' them lol. Im too nice to do that though

  3. #18

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,374
    Thank Post
    625
    Thanked 951 Times in 653 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    318

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder
    My mates say I should break their computers so Id have an excuse to 'save' them lol. Im too nice to do that though
    Ahh, a well-known technique then... 8)

  4. #19

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,312
    Thank Post
    101
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by webman
    Ahh, a well-known technique then... 8)
    So what is the most common way then? Deleting their computer from the domain at the server end and being forced to spend half an hour at their machine re-adding it? *Gets a pen and paper ready*

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robert Mays School, Hampshire
    Posts
    100
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Whats hot?

    disabling their account works well... they usually come and find you! :P

  6. #21
    contink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,790
    Thank Post
    303
    Thanked 327 Times in 233 Posts
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: Whats hot?

    Dating techniques for school techs... I predict a wiki :P

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    807
    Thank Post
    29
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stese
    disabling their account works well... they usually come and find you! :P
    Nah, thats tells them account is disabled. Best bet is just changing their password. damn that corruption in the SAMS database. :P

  8. #23
    Samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    201
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Whats hot?

    "Top ten ways to bring the hotties to YOU!"

    "Put those walking shoes away sonny, you've SYN ACK ACK'd!"

    I can see it now...

  9. #24

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,374
    Thank Post
    625
    Thanked 951 Times in 653 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    318

    Re: Whats hot?

    With the vast range of failure points for end users getting access to internet, email, network resources etc there are various techniques that can be used to generate an artificial fault.

    The easiest way is obviously removing the machine from the domain, but will cause you more time/work to get it back on - not ideal unless you've really got nothing else to do

    Alternitavely, fake a severe file corruption. But take a backup first, and be a hero when you magically recover said corrupted file 8)

    Then you could remotely disable essential services on the machine using the MMC 'Services' snap-in.

    It goes without saying this should not be attempted while they're doing anything remotly related to teaching-and-learning :twisted: :P

  10. #25
    Samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    201
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by webman
    It goes without saying this should not be attempted while they're doing anything remotly related to teaching-and-learning :twisted: :P
    Not much of that happens in this school anyway, so no real problem there...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,312
    Thank Post
    101
    Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Whats hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by webman
    With the vast range of failure points for end users getting access to internet, email, network resources etc there are various techniques that can be used to generate an artificial fault.

    The easiest way is obviously removing the machine from the domain, but will cause you more time/work to get it back on - not ideal unless you've really got nothing else to do

    Alternitavely, fake a severe file corruption. But take a backup first, and be a hero when you magically recover said corrupted file 8)

    Then you could remotely disable essential services on the machine using the MMC 'Services' snap-in.

    It goes without saying this should not be attempted while they're doing anything remotly related to teaching-and-learning :twisted: :P
    Craig is obviously talking from several years of experience here

  12. #27

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,374
    Thank Post
    625
    Thanked 951 Times in 653 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    318

    Re: Whats hot?

    Sadly, all theoratical. :cry: /usr/confidence: Not found ops:

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Posts
    825
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Whats hot?

    And quite likely to lead to:

    /usr/status/employed: False

  14. #29
    Midget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Posts
    1,298
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Whats hot?

    What you need to do is install a HP inkjet printer in their room hooked to a win2k print server. Then they'll be in your office every day complaining about the printer not working

  15. #30
    mitcheln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    54
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Whats hot?

    With not even a hint of irony about them, they continue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Got a PS3? whats your PSN ID?
    By tarquel in forum Gaming
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 25th November 2013, 12:55 PM
  2. ICTforums.co.uk - Whats going on?
    By FN-GM in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2nd November 2007, 01:59 PM
  3. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 24th October 2007, 07:00 PM
  4. Whats worth looking at
    By richard in forum BETT 2014
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th January 2007, 11:34 PM
  5. whats the differance between EMF and PCL 5/6
    By timbo343 in forum Windows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10th January 2007, 09:50 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •