+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Has anyone used Access to create a school report template? in General; This will be the last year we can use ReportAssist and with budgets the way they are, we need to ...

Thank Post

Has anyone used Access to create a school report template?

This will be the last year we can use ReportAssist and with budgets the way they are, we need to save every penny. It should be realtively simple to create the database I'm justnot sure how we'd manage the logistics of teachers working offline and then importing their material.

Thank Post
    I don't quite understand. Why is it the last year you can use ReportAssist? If it's because of new Windows 7 machines, can't you run it in XP emulation mode?

Anyhow, I thought your school bought ReportPlus last year - did you go back to Report Assist?

If you did go back, the you should give ReportPlus another go. We have updated the program addressing the concerns of users last year. These updates are also available to ReportPlus 2010 schools - just get the latest update - you won't have access to new 2011 features, but will have access to improvements in comms to our server, grades (like in RA), etc...

The new manual is available as a pdf in the resources section of the website (the old foldout leaflet has gone, it's a manual like RA had now).

Using Access to do reports would be a but of a nightmare. There is no proper editing component, you could possibly do it if your teachers were technically minded and understood the drawbacks, but I don't envy you.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread