+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, Fantastic TES Staffroom Post in General; Originally Posted by ITPROFESSIONAL I'm glad my post on TES provoked so much interest. Whatever your view its good to ...

Thank Post

Re: Fantastic TES Staffroom Post

Quote Originally Posted by ITPROFESSIONAL
    I'm glad my post on TES provoked so much interest. Whatever your view its good to see people getting involved. I don't think the experiences at our school are unique, however I recognise that it isn't universal.

Interesting forums, I'll try and contribute where I can! 8O
    If that was indeed your post (the original quoted at the start of this thread) then I think you are spot on sir.

The enemy in schools' ICT isn't the teaching staff- it's other ICT staff!

8O

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

What about ICT Teaching staff? are they just pure evil?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey
    The only problem with the original post in that thread is that it is only one side. It could be the whole truth and nothing but the truth but who would like to bet that the NM there has actually said somehting along the lines of sorry no money at the moment and we are swamped, I'll get back to you in a few months and we can discuss. OR given her very valid and purposeful reasons why she can't have it. But the OP just hears no and immeadiately stamps foot and says the NM is being mean and unfair.
    As others pointed out in that thread she does come across a bit like she wants it done as thats what she wants and is used to and she has had it else where so do it.
    But i do know the tpe of NM she is talking about and sometimes they do exsist, but more often then not it's all in peoples heads.
    Nope ... I have spoken to someone else who works at the school (another teacher but someone who is also *very* ICT literate) who let me know it was someone they had ranted to me about on previous occasions. It really is a case of he does not want to know what a teacher thinks ...

The OP posted using that title to keep it a little tongue in cheek.

Like I said ... others, with little information, jumped in and started having a go.
    You see this proves my point: I called so-and-so and they told me it was so-and-so who said that they/he/she wouldn't do this/that/other and so it must be true. I have heard teachers tell me that ICT staff in other schools have enquired about my own ICT decisions. Very weird.

If you want to know, ask the source.

In this case, we won't know for sure. So it's best to say "work together and sort something out for the benefit of the students, not your ego".

:?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midget
    What about ICT Teaching staff? are they just pure evil?
    Unadulterated

I told one that today in fact. They have a weird sense of humour- like asking me to teach Year 13 ICT (Excel and stuff). Freaky. Or chasing me round the school to print off ONE colour sheet of some internet safety design a student had completed. I kid you not. Or just jerking me around with fanciful requests for help with ICT in the school.

Damn evil.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midget
    What about ICT Teaching staff? are they just pure evil? :wink:
    I suspect that you're playing devil's advocate here Midget. I have no problems with the ICT staff at our school, apart from sometimes pressure of work leads you to forget to do something you promised to do 20 minutes ago.
    They work extremely hard to raise the levels of achievement of their charges, and they fully understand the pressures we're under (perhaps sharing an office helps - maybe you should all try it).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

My head of ict worked in industry for a long time in various jobs and rles before becoming a teacher so he is understands what we do (he used to manage the network before i started, I think he was pleased to no longer need to lol ).

Wes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234