+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What do you & the teachers wear to work? in General; Erm, last job was a secondary boys schools so anything that was neck high lol and trousers. New job is ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Erm, last job was a secondary boys schools so anything that was neck high lol and trousers.

New job is a primary school so it's slightly more laid back but i'm still wearing trousers and a smart top, but shoewise i'm currently wearing a pair of plimsolls that have white stars all over them and seem to be getting away with it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boomam View Post
    Its generally accepted here that member of the IT team dress smart.
    So shirt/tie/trowsers/shoes jobbo.
    But days where im doing alot of manual labor, or faffing in cabs, i wear what i want and no body bats an eye lid.
    Non term time though, whatever we want.

Im thinking of asking the head if we can have polo shirts with 'IT' stiched into them. Our PE has some fancy adidas ones with 'PE' on them, and they'd be far more practical imo than a shirt/tie.
    Ideally, it'd be what i want whenever, but somehow, i cant see the head agreeing to that. .
    We're just about to move to poloshirts here as I for the same reason won't wear a suit when working in ceilings etc so opted to wear my RM moderator polo shirt for a while and then realised why not just get our own made so we did!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I dont see why not. Maybe get one with the school logo on with ICT Support or something stitched on underneath.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    How about Edugeek doing a generic IT support polo shirt

(with Edugeek written on there somewhere, of course!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I offered it to the NM and team ... they prefer to wear business smart style clothing the same way the other staff do (apart from PE, Art, Dance, Drama, Site supervisors)

Thank Post
    I think there's a time and a place for the smart business style clothing but to be honest, the day to day stuff we do clambering under tables and in ceiling space doesn't make me want to trash a suit!

Thank Post
    I wish we were allowed to go in combats and polo top. Im always coming home with dust, muck, paint, food, you name it, all over me... (yes this week i have been a plasterer, painter, joiner, van driver, kitchen helper, caretaker, cleaner and IT tech all in one. Boy do they get their monies worth out of me!)

We're supposed to wear a tie but they are so unpractical and uncomfortable to wear when doing anything other than sitting at my desk that ive just stopped wearing them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Having been in smart clothes for the last 3 years, I'm just about to move over to the school logoed polo top with black trousers.

This uniform was introduced for our Pre-School and PE staff over the summer... I asked if I could do likewise as I'm fed up of wrecking good clothes. I have promised to wear good clothes if needed, but TBH that isn't going to happen very often.
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 21st September 2008 at 06:37 PM.

Thank Post
    If they expect us to dress like City Bankers, they should pay us accordingly So it is still Cotton Trader trousers, Lakeland poloshirt and a top to suit the weather. It is a well know fact that ties restrict the flow of blood to the brain, which is you seldom see software guys wearing them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    It is a well know fact that ties restrict the flow of blood to the brain, which is you seldom see software guys wearing them.
    With the notable exceptions of both Apple and Microsoft

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Having been in smart clothes for the last 3 years, I'm just about to move over to the school logoed polo top with black trousers.

This uniform was introduced for our Pre-School and PE staff over the summer... I asked if I could do likewise as I'm fed up of wrecking good clothes. I have promised to wear good clothes if needed, but TBH that isn't going to happen very often.
    Oh we're not the only unlucky ones that have to wear a damn uniform then, nice to see im not alone

Thank Post
    Shirt and tie here too, i can understand they want us to look professional, but when we crawl around on our knees fixing something it is easy to get shirt and trousers dirty. Plus i don't find it easy to keep cool in a shirt and tie, especially if i have to run from one room to another. Luckily there is the server room with air con to cool down.
    Just had to buy another load of shirts, trouser and shoes as the others are knackered, had them a while tho, usually get my worth out of them, even if they do get a bit tatty, no one has said anything yet but if they did i'd just explain what do they expect if i am always constantly on the move trying to fix stuff.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    With the notable exceptions of both Apple and Microsoft
    I rest my case

Thank Post
    combats, ICT dept polo shirt and boots!

Thank Post
    Can anyone recommend anywhere to get nice cheap *plain* polo shirts that aren't made out of that awful old thick school PE kit material? ATM I'm wearing random ones from ASDA which are lovely comfortable t shirt material but always seem to have some random 'cool' logo on them somewhere...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast