+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Apple iPad 2 in General; Originally Posted by j17sparky I've said it before but I'll say it again. Anything, and I mean anything , which ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    I've said it before but I'll say it again. Anything, and I mean anything, which helps kill off flash is a good thing in my book. With HTML5 there is absolutely no reason to be using flash (unless you are mousebreaker.com but then I could GAFF about you and your poxy spectrum games anyway). Now if only google would follow suit the major website would have to adapt.
    Great, so when HTML5 is officially specced in, oh, three years at minimum we'll no longer need Flash. They might even have a standard at the time scale they projected - by 2014.

Of course that's just HTML5 - a lot of the stuff that gets talked about as HTML5 isn't included in the specification at all, and companies which say it's part of HTML5 are either misguided or misleading.

Of course, Silverlight is also hit by the plugin ban on the IWhatever's, which is the bit that's causing me problems at the moment.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    iPad 2.0 late to the UK? I blame Gordon Brown - Computerworld Blogs

Jonny its pretty clued up guy and knows a lot of what is going on behind the scenes when it comes to apple

Russ
    Thanks Russdev. What really annoys me about that (I couldn't care less when Apple products get released anywhere to be honest!) is that Steve Jobs was up for a knighthood: he's not British, he hasn't invented anything (every Apple product to date has been old hat in nice new clothing with good advertising: successful yes, innovative? Not at all!), why should he be knighted? Knighthood is a joke these days, BAFTAs are harder to obtain.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Thanks Russdev. What really annoys me about that (I couldn't care less when Apple products get released anywhere to be honest!) is that Steve Jobs was up for a knighthood: he's not British, he hasn't invented anything (every Apple product to date has been old hat in nice new clothing with good advertising: successful yes, innovative? Not at all!), why should he be knighted? Knighthood is a joke these days, BAFTAs are harder to obtain.
    Obviously it was for his stunning philanthropy.

4. 2 Thanks to jamesb:

LosOjos (3rd March 2011), somabc (3rd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Great links, I LOL'ed at the first one

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Hilarious!

Thank Post
    As far as Flash goes I find it quite amusing how my HTC Desire (that I got free on a very cheap contract with Orange) can run Flash perfectly so I can watch my BBC football highlights in full screen glory yet it's far too strenuous for anything with an Apple logo to run :-P

Android proves Flash can work fine on a mobile device so are Apple doing it just because their hardware isn't up to scratch? A quick Google suggests the iPhone 4 CPU runs at about 750MHz as it's underclocked, which isn't great considering how much they charge for it...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    As far as Flash goes I find it quite amusing how my HTC Desire (that I got free on a very cheap contract with Orange) can run Flash perfectly so I can watch my BBC football highlights in full screen glory yet it's far too strenuous for anything with an Apple logo to run :-P

Android proves Flash can work fine on a mobile device so are Apple doing it just because their hardware isn't up to scratch? A quick Google suggests the iPhone 4 CPU runs at about 750MHz as it's underclocked, which isn't great considering how much they charge for it...
    iPhone's are awful in terms of spec, the problem is they're "hip" so people buy them anyway... it infuriates me when a geek buys one, I can't understand how they can pay for what they know is ridiculously overpriced hardware!

Thank Post
    iPhone's are awful in terms of spec, the problem is they're "hip" so people buy them anyway... it infuriates me when a geek buys one, I can't understand how they can pay for what they know is ridiculously overpriced hardware!
    Fan boys are blind to it you see.

Thank Post
    I'd challenge anyone using an iPhone to try my Desire with the 6 pages of customisable widgets, instant Facebook \ Twitter gadgets, BBC news etc then go back to pages of icons and tell me that it's better... Android FTW

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    Fan boys are blind to it you see.
    They are just nice, and user friendly. There are downsides in terms of connectivity and flash etc. , but it's sleek and fast and does some things really well. The gestures, and ease of use are copied by most other suppliers now.

People buy Sony laptops when they are overpriced with custom sony connectors, just for the size and looks.

Every product out there has it's variations in style and price, as well as having certain limitations.

I just don't get why people hate Apple so much.

I saw some nice smartphones during BETT, but most users i know have had problems with upgrades on W7m or reliability or speed on android. Things are buggy, or run slow, they aren't as intuitive. I'm sure everyone has there own mileage, but non iPhone users don't get shot down for their choice when they have problems.

Personally, my iPhone works well, and i wouldn't live without it. What it does, it does really well.

I also drive an expensive gas guzzler, and it's a b*tch to get passengers in the back, because it has interlacing front/rear doors, BUT it looks damn good and is the most popular car in the region. and, i love it
    Last edited by vikpaw; 3rd March 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    I'd challenge anyone using an iPhone to try my Desire with the 6 pages of customisable widgets, instant Facebook \ Twitter gadgets, BBC news etc then go back to pages of icons and tell me that it's better... Android FTW
    PO BOX 6453, Jeddah, KSA - thanks for the offer

Doesn't Gates / Microsoft get some kind of tax break for giving away his wealth. I'm sure i heard there was a reason he set up those foundations with his family working to give away money, and it wasn't purely altruistic.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah apple release another minor upgrade to drip-feed its fanboys with slightly improved but still not impressive tech. They look nice but thats about it, there far too limited for most purposes and serve no real purpose (beside the easy to use interface being good for very casual users).

Itune grinds my gears too I've had an iphone 3G and 3GS (which broke after 4months) so I purchased a HTC Hero, showed some mates what android does for a 5th of apples products and about 7 of my mates now own android phones ranging from the wildfire to the desire (the desire being a brilliant phone and very quick!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Doesn't Gates / Microsoft get some kind of tax break for giving away his wealth. I'm sure i heard there was a reason he set up those foundations with his family working to give away money, and it wasn't purely altruistic.
    Tax break or not, the guy gives billions to charity every year, you can't knock him for that! The fact the tax break exists may or may not have influenced his decision to donate: donating billions and publicly appealing for charities was probably more to do with him being a charitable kind of guy!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    iPad 2.0 late to the UK? I blame Gordon Brown - Computerworld Blogs

Jonny its pretty clued up guy and knows a lot of what is going on behind the scenes when it comes to apple

Russ
    He's talking rubbish, we're getting it at the same time as the rest of Europe.

Thank Post
    Tax break or not, the guy gives billions to charity every year, you can't knock him for that! The fact the tax break exists may or may not have influenced his decision to donate: donating billions and publicly appealing for charities was probably more to do with him being a charitable kind of guy!
    Or a fantastic marketing tactic!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast