+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
General Chat Thread, Compromised Websites - Anyone else affected yet? in General; Check our security forum,we have a nice FakeAV discussion going on about attacks from these domains. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/securi...-websites.html...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Check our security forum,we have a nice FakeAV discussion going on about attacks from these domains.

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/securi...-websites.html

Thank Post
    I'm finding that with the machines i'm seeing that are compromised, they have older versions of Java installed. Even if the latest is installed, the older version is there and that is what is being compromised. The old versions need uninstalling.

3. Thanks to difinity from:

tech_guy (31st March 2011)

Thank Post
    Compromised Websites - Anyone else affected yet?-fake2.jpgCompromised Websites - Anyone else affected yet?-fake1.jpg

Just today sent out a email to all staff regarding these fake virus result, smt asked why the firewall (im sure they think its an actual wall of fire..) isnt stopping them..

and a staff member dropped in their personal laptop earlier which had a hijacker on it, which looked like a pretty kosher MS program, which would also run in safemode! had to do a system restore in the end to get rid.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    If you want to learn more about how malware actually works and what you can do about it I highly recommend Malware Analysts Cookbook and DVD: Tools and Techniques for Fighting Malicious Code: Amazon.co.uk
    Just downloaded this now to Kindle on my iPad - looks like an excellent read, thanks!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Just downloaded this now to Kindle on my iPad - looks like an excellent read, thanks!
    If you purchased a Kindle version of the book from Amazon and didnít receive the companion DVD, send an email: malwarecookbook at gmail dot com. Neither Wiley nor Amazon have a way to distribute CDs or DVDs with electronic books.

Thank Post
    Got to say it guy's but where we run behind Sonicwalls with IPS we never have a problem, so much so I have dumped the Draytek and installed an NSA240 now at home...

Without a decent IPS system nowadays your firewall is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, with home users running their PC's with full adminstrator rights it's only a matter of time before they will come across a website or social networking page that has a malware infected jpeg or iframe exploit.

There is a lot to be said for running a walled garden nowadays (all outbound ports are blocked apart from those approved by the administrator)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678